TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
STV opting out of an established primetime show is a bit of a surprise. I assume they're still planning on slotting 5 Gold Rings somewhere at some point? Guess they could put it in an early evening weekend slot when ITV aren't showing anything too valuable.

Seems ITV are planning to show photos of people playing at home during the programme tomorrow, which is impressive considering the series has already been recorded.
JO
Jon
This should be in the STV thread however

ITV has: 5 Gold Rings 7pm - 8pm

STV is opting out, when was the last time you heard someone opting out on a Sunday night:
STV has its own big budget gameshow.

http://www.stvplc.tv/blog/2019/08/new-high-stakes-quiz-the-cash-machine-hosted-by-lorraine-kelly-airs-on-stv

The logo of that is just ripping off The Colour Of Money which was a rip off from the hit channel 4 show DOND.

Ripoff of a ripoff

It’s not that much like it though.
TI
TIGHazard
Asa posted:
STV opting out of an established primetime show is a bit of a surprise. I assume they're still planning on slotting 5 Gold Rings somewhere at some point? Guess they could put it in an early evening weekend slot when ITV aren't showing anything too valuable.

Seems ITV are planning to show photos of people playing at home during the programme tomorrow, which is impressive considering the series has already been recorded.

When was the last time anything from STV appeared on ITV? Could they swap places (I.E. ITV airing Cash Machine at a later date, while STV then airs 5 Gold Rings?)
AN
Andrew Founding member
Unlikely, as I’m guessing it might be quite a cheap show if it’s STV only, plus all the contestants being Scottish would look a bit odd on network.

They’ve been showing another Scottish quiz show with Susan Calman on a Tuesday replacing Yorkshire Airport.
KE
kernow
When was the last time anything from STV appeared on ITV?

This evening actually, as Catchphrase is made by STV.
Lou Scannon, Jon and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
TI
TIGHazard

I mean something more purely STV rather than 'STV productions for ITV'.
KE
kernow

You mean a regional STV programme? Can't remember the last time I saw a programme like that on ITV, if ever, in the same way I don't think I've ever seen a regional UTV or HTV/ITV Wales programme on ITV.
BR
Brekkie

You mean a regional STV programme? Can't remember the last time I saw a programme like that on ITV, if ever, in the same way I don't think I've ever seen a regional UTV or HTV/ITV Wales programme on ITV.

Take the High Road was I think - technically I don't think it was ever networked, just picked up region by region.

In the post-regional era though I can only think of one, and that's pre-ITV Plc. Nuts+Bolts was a HTV soap that had a short lifespan and I think ITV aired it on ITV2.
SW
Steve Williams

In the build-up to the 2015 election, UTV's election debate was networked on ITV. And STV's underwhelming coverage of the Scottish Referendum was shown across the network, to much bemusement.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Asa posted:

It's being played out through a gallery that's just adding the live graphics - so it'll be a bit odd if Schofe makes reference to it, and STV show it at a different time...
JO
Josh
Asa posted:

It's being played out through a gallery that's just adding the live graphics - so it'll be a bit odd if Schofe makes reference to it, and STV show it at a different time...

It'll probably be done the same way they do the top player in the app in previous series, with no mention to the name or location of whoever posted it
AN
Andrew Founding member
Asa posted:

One of three things could happen

Schofield refers to the viewers playing at home and...
1) STV add their own names and pictures, unlikely
2) there is just a blank space with no name and pictures
3) the same names and pictures as when ITV showed it are shown, which might be a bit misleading

4) they edit out that whole sequence
5) STV never actually show it

Newer posts