Media Websites

TV ARK: Returns Jan 2020

At LAST! (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
Gluben
I hate to be that guy but won't summer be ending soon?
VM
VMPhil
True story: I still go on the Wayback Machine to browse TV Ark before it was taken offline.

Even if the site came back with no videos available yet, I would be happy. I used to enjoy reading through the history of ident packages.

18 days later

IS
Inspector Sands
The TVArk Facebook account's 'Banned Day' on Saturday went down like a bucket of cold sick.

Seems some people aren't keen on photos of Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile popping up on their Facebook feeds on a bank holiday weekend Rolling Eyes

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2977960695578944&id=125133210861721
LL
London Lite Founding member
The TVArk Facebook account's 'Banned Day' on Saturday went down like a bucket of cold sick.

Seems some people aren't keen on photos of Rolf Harris and Jimmy Savile popping up on their Facebook feeds on a bank holiday weekend Rolling Eyes

You'd think the audience for TVARK would understand why exactly they did such a feature in the first place? Clearly not!

I enjoyed it last weekend, purely for the fact I could post bad puns about Savile and Harris!
IS
Inspector Sands

You'd think the audience for TVARK would understand why exactly they did such a feature in the first place? Clearly not!

If they were aware at the time that it was happening yes, but if they missed the initial posts introducing the weekend then it was just some offensive clips and photos randomly appearing.

It being a bank holiday weekend probably didn't help, people are doing things and not concentrating on what TV Ark is up to
:-(
A former member
What is your point? Are you saying it was done at the wrong time? If that is the case you dont understand why it was done during the BH weekend. On Social Media it's on the busiest weekend and interactions for any accounts. I can't fault them wishing to get a wider appeal like most other accounts

You can tell people until you're blue in the face about what is coming but someone will always never get message, and there did tell people.

TVArk weren't the only ones up to stuff over that weekend, alot of accounts were pumping out content to highlight points.

If it's about the content, then, I can fully understand why you raising an eyebrow. From what I saw most of it was within context, however it seems some rouge/mistakes were made with certain piece, maybe there should have made more warnings but you don't want to patronising people? who knows.

ALL TV companies make mistakes........ tv ark were just highlight them.
CA
Capybara
What is your point? Are you saying it was done at the wrong time?

"Too soon" Wink
LL
Larry the Loafer
On a brighter note...

Quote:
Evening Arkers!

Quick update on the site:
We're now approaching beta testing stage. Our backroom boffins have been hammering away at their Vic 20's giving the server its final touches and making sure all parts of the new website can talk to each other. The site WILL be ready this year (we know you've heard that many times before but, hand on heart, it will this time) and, as we've said on many much occasions, will be worth the wait.

We still have thousands more videos and discs to plough through, encode and upload, but this will be an ongoing process even after relaunch so, what you see on relaunch day, will just be the start.

We at Ark Towers are telly nerds like you, but we're also perfectionists so we want to make sure the site is THE best it can be before letting you lot run riot on it. Only when we're 101% satisfied will we release it into the wild.

Also, we're preparing a Press Release for local radio and TV news programmes and stations so keep an eye out in the coming weeks/months and you might hear, or even see, one of us on a news show near you! (Brace yourself if it's TV though, we're not the most photogenic bunch you'll ever meet!)

Thanks for your continued patience and love. Knowing you lot are there and waiting for us to come back warms the heart of our cockles.

Finally, no we don't need beta testers, so don't ask. Or Marky Mark AND The Funky Bunch will pay you a visit and fillet your dog.

Cheers!

The TVARK Admin Team
NA
natwel27
Can't wait!
MM
MMcG198
On Social Media it's on the busiest weekend and interactions for any accounts. I can't fault them wishing to get a wider appeal like most other accounts.

From what I saw most of it was within context, however it seems some rouge/mistakes were made with certain piece, maybe there should have made more warnings but you don't want to patronising people?

Aren't you a member of the TV Ark team, though - and among other things, run their Twitter account?
:-(
A former member
OK hands up who actually know this open secret!? I thought it was well hidden but it seems it was more widespread than first thought. Yes I've been there for over a year, and have taken a very large broom to the site, It was the biggest challenge of the lot, it why I went. you always need a new challenge!

I was not trying to come across as disingenuous, i was just hoping to stay in the shadow as well Im not exactly the most like person and thought my involment might cause brand damage. However my point about timing with SM I will stand by. I did learn alot watching Rob, and have expanded beyond that, Wink
TE
tesandco Founding member
To be fair, the Twitter feed did seem to acquire your fairly distinctive style of:-

* Posting lots about television in Scotland in particular
* Very detailed dates/timeframes on idents
* More random typos than before (genuinely not meant as a dig either!)

And that's before you mention the Youtube vids that would sometimes pop up on here and their feed around the same time. So it wasn't that hard to work out, although most of us have just kept quiet. Wink It was good to still see an outlet somewhere when you weren't posting on here for a bit to be honest!

Newer posts