The Newsroom

Newsround 2019 Rebrand

Monday September 2nd at 7:40am (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh

The TV output of the new rebrand is to roll out this Monday, some of which can be viewed on https://jamesmobbs.com
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Interesting that they've dropped David Lowe as composer. That didn't last long - 2014-19 if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder why Newsround can have so many refreshes yet the standard BBC News titles plod on? It's about time they focused their attention on updating those a bit.
MD
mdtauk
Newsround is one show, small audience, little need for branded vans, equipment, and international markets etc.
BK
bkman1990
The new theme music is very nice. It flows much better when hearing it in my ears.
JO
Josh
It's just been mentioned on the 4:20 bulletin now by Alex Humphreys.

She also mentioned the 4:20 bulletin will be moving to 4:00 from Monday, but no length changes, still 5/10 mins
Last edited by Josh on 30 August 2019 4:38pm
LL
London Lite Founding member
Josh posted:
It's just been mentioned on the 4:20 bulletin now by Alex Humphreys.

She also mentioned the 4:20 bulletin will be moving to 4:00 from Monday, but no length changes, still 5/10 mins

The timings for NR seem to be getting to the point where no kids will be around to watch it.
JA
JAS84
Don't most schools close for the day at 3pm nowadays? That's ample time to get home.
LS
Lou Scannon
The new theme music is very nice. It flows much better when hearing it in my ears.

As opposed to hearing it in your shoulders, elbows, knees, or ankles?
8B
8baan
The new theme music is very nice in my opinion, and I like how it kinda looks like the old, but it bugs me that the marble(??) stays in the same position troughout the entire thing..
EY
the eye
Nice but the newsround logo typeface should have changed too. Worst part about it.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Don't most schools close for the day at 3pm nowadays? That's ample time to get home.

Remember there are no end of out-of-school activities, after-school clubs and whatever else so it's not completely unique that little Timmy finishes school at 3pm and goes straight home. It was tooted (and it comes up semi regularly) to extend the school day so it more closely matches working hours, ie 5pm finishes under the guise of helping working parents. Teachers didn't really appreciate that since they already work after 3pm for lesson preparing, marking and whatever else.

Of course its ironic when you consider little Timmy and friends already have more time "off" in a school year than any working adult in the country is legally entitled to anyway but I digress.
JA
Jamesypoo
Of course its ironic when you consider little Timmy and friends already have more time "off" in a school year than any working adult in the country is legally entitled to anyway but I digress.

Any working adult except Huw Edwards, according to the other thread.

Newer posts