The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Lucrezia Millarini is on now for the ITV Evening News.

Is that the first time Lucrezia has done the evening news? Seen her on lunchtime and weekends before not 6:30. I thought Charlene would have done the evening news and Lucrezia cover London.

Suzanne Virdee presented London

Virdee did a run of London main bulletins over the last few days. Can't say I'm a fan of her delivery.
:-(
A former member
Is she working for Yodel on the side?
CA
Cando
It’s a fantasy to think the great Al would present at 6am.

He is regularly doing fill in slots on Talk Radio which has miniscule listeners since Nina got the Lunchtime gig. I don't see how GMB which regularly hits close to a 30% share in the 6am slot is beneath him tbh.

Not that I think there is a hope in hell of an ITN branded bulletin airing there.
MC
mccanmat
Surely if we get a itv news bulletin back that time of the day it will be up and coming anchors as before as that person has to be willing to work through the night to prepare for bulletin
JK
JKDerry
Cando posted:

He is regularly doing fill in slots on Talk Radio which has miniscule listeners since Nina got the Lunchtime gig. I don't see how GMB which regularly hits close to a 30% share in the 6am slot is beneath him tbh.

Not that I think there is a hope in hell of an ITN branded bulletin airing there.

It is a bit strange and idiotic now that the remains of the old breakfast franchise times have to be maintained in 2019. Good Morning Britain is now fully owned and operated by ITV and not by a separate company like TV-am or GMTV were. Their news has the ITV News logo on it, so it should not be any hard to have an ITV Morning News programme at 6, followed by GMB at 6.30 if they wished - or are they so desperate to keep the relics of the breakfast franchise arrangements forever?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Cando posted:

It is a bit strange and idiotic now that the remains of the old breakfast franchise times have to be maintained in 2019. Good Morning Britain is now fully owned and operated by ITV and not by a separate company like TV-am or GMTV were. Their news has the ITV News logo on it, so it should not be any hard to have an ITV Morning News programme at 6, followed by GMB at 6.30 if they wished - or are they so desperate to keep the relics of the breakfast franchise arrangements forever?

Nothing to do with that, ITV News bulletins air at 8:25 at weekends.

There won’t be an ITN bulletin at 6am, I don’t know why it is still being discussed, it’s well past the line of pure fantasy.
itsrobert and Brekkie gave kudos
JK
JKDerry
Cando posted:

Nothing to do with that, ITV News bulletins air at 8:25 at weekends.

There won’t be an ITN bulletin at 6am, I don’t know why it is still being discussed, it’s well past the line of pure fantasy.

What are the main reasons for not having an ITV branded news at 6.00am? Not ITN, ITV News remember.
PE
peterh
Itv news like the graphics say on Gmb a news bulletin with Charlotte or ranvir or similar
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Why would it be better to have an ITV News branded bulletin instead of a GMB branded one? As has been said Charlotte, Ranvir, even Susanna, are all very capable of (and experienced in) presenting a straight news bulletin.
JK
JKDerry
Why would it be better to have an ITV News branded bulletin instead of a GMB branded one? As has been said Charlotte, Ranvir, even Susanna, are all very capable of (and experienced in) presenting a straight news bulletin.

They are fine yes.
AN
Andrew Founding member
It’d be about as straight a bulletin as the GMTV News Hour used to be. It may or may not have ITV News branding somewhere on screen like GMB News does, but it won’t be an ITN produced programme with the ITV News titles, studio, graphics, presenters...
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Does that matter? Would putting a green screen up in TC3 and keying in the same background ITN use and the same straps make it better?

It seems to me that GMB could have used the ITV News brand more prominently but made a deliberate choice not to.

Newer posts