TV Home Forum

Loose Women | 21 Years Old - Sept 2020

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JC
JamieCB
How long did the 'shalalalalaaaaa' theme last?

I believe four and half years.

Aah, it was actually three years.

The 'Shalalalalaaaaa' theme was brought in September 2014 when the show was revamped under then-editor Martin Frizell - but it was only after the 18th Anniversary in 2017 when they reintroduced the 2011-2014 theme the following week.

Going back to the episode itself, it generally felt more of a celebration of the show then the 18th Birthday. It's going to be interesting to see what else they have planned to celebrate the big 2-0 when the show returns live next week...
DM
DeMarkay
They played the in-from-break sting from GMTV just now on Loose Women and the bed too!
JA
james-2001
Do they ever aknowledge the couple of years the show became "Live Talk", or are they acting like it's been Loose Women the whole 20 years?
JO
Jon
Do they ever aknowledge the couple of years the show became "Live Talk", or are they acting like it's been Loose Women the whole 20 years?

I caught a bit the other day and they showed clips from that era and mentioned it rebranded on a lower third.
FA
fanoftv
Jonwo posted:
I forgot how garish the first set was.

I suppose that was the style at the time, most TV sets from that era were bright and colourful, think Big breakfast, Light Lunch, even This Morning’s set was more vibrant than it is today.
JamesWorldNews and DeMarkay gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Unusual to see Andrea sitting in the 4th seat.

Agree about the garish set, but indeed, that was the style of that era. It was probably considered quite “cutting edge” at the time.

So, I learned today from Kaye’s comment that Loose used to be filmed in Manchester. I always thought it was only Norwich and then London.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Live Talk came from Manchester.
DeMarkay and London Lite gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
I absolutely loved the Live Talk set. It felt homely. I’m so glad that I got the see most of those sets growing up in the 2000s. In the 2010s, sets became very clinical.
FA
fanoftv
I absolutely loved the Live Talk set. It felt homely. I’m so glad that I got the see most of those sets growing up in the 2000s. In the 2010s, sets became very clinical.

It was the nice mix of the toned down colours, the wood, the split areas and the soft area that seemed to work, very much a redecoration got the Loose Women set, as seen here:

WH
Whataday Founding member
Yes, believe it or not, the Live Talk set was actually the original Loose Women set repainted (and slightly extended).

Last edited by Whataday on 27 August 2019 8:53pm
FA
fanoftv
Both sets contained lots of detail too, for example in the live talk version a sky line background with window frames in front and patio style pot plants in between, though I imagine that would have been a standing set rather than the current approach of having to share with Lorraine (and other productions).

Did the first series of Loose Women come from Studio 3 at TLS?
Whether it was to make a bigger desk or to leave part of Lorraine’s set up behind, the later incarnations over the past 10 years or so at TLS seemed to use a lot less space, especially when you see that the original set had a smaller table area and a sofa area.
JO
Jonwo
Who's the woman between Kaye and Nadia in the Live Talk picture.

Newer posts