TV Home Forum

ITV Daytime reshuffle

Rumours of later GMB and longer This Morning? (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Whenever news arises of potential changes to scheduling we all play fantasy schedules but the truth is we simply don't know what will happen yet.

‘Fantasy schedules’ is the best part of TV Forum Laughing

Maybe on a website called "Fantasy TV Schedules R Us" it is. But this is TV Forum. So it isn't the best part. It's actually quite irritating. IMO. Other's mileage may vary.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The only time I've done 'fantasy' schedules if when it's based on speculation based on what we know, Just posting any old schedule based on what you'd like to see is a waste of time reading.
Ne1L C, DeMarkay and Jon gave kudos
NL
Ne1L C
Whenever news arises of potential changes to scheduling we all play fantasy schedules but the truth is we simply don't know what will happen yet.

‘Fantasy schedules’ is the best part of TV Forum Laughing

Maybe on a website called "Fantasy TV Schedules R Us" it is. But this is TV Forum. So it isn't the best part. It's actually quite irritating. IMO. Other's mileage may vary.

It is irritating to say the least and yes I know I've done it. Maybe the mocks section should be used for schedules. Now excuse me while I duck for cover Very Happy
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Maybe the mocks section should be used for schedules. Now excuse me while I duck for cover Very Happy

Get. Out. Mad
NL
Ne1L C
Just joshing Very Happy
Last edited by Ne1L C on 27 August 2019 3:27pm
LS
Lou Scannon
I think the general point again is that if ITV daytime has been relying on so few brands that when one goes they're just going to make the remaining ones longer, things have got to a pretty pass. Presumably this will continue until there's just one programme from 6am to 2pm. As mentioned, if nothing else you would assume they'd want to continue the benefits of having a show produced outside London five days a week.

Presumably ITV is required to produce a certain amount of programming per week from outside the M25, and the abrupt axing of JK has caused them a headache in this regard?

Maybe "This Morning" could return to its roots in Granadaland?! Laughing Floating weather map in e.g. Erie Basin or Ontario Basin, maybe? (Not with Fred Talbot though...)
NL
Ne1L C
AFAIK the only programming made outside the M25 is the local news.
RU
russty_russ
AFAIK the only programming made outside the M25 is the local news.

Not forgetting Emmerdale!
NL
Ne1L C
And Corrie!
LS
Lou Scannon
Surely the two soaps, JK (as was), and the odd ad-hoc Salford-based thing (e.g. Brexit/PM debates, etc) weren't/aren't the entirety of ITV's non-London output?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Surely the two soaps, JK (as was), and the odd ad-hoc Salford-based thing (e.g. Brexit/PM debates, etc) weren't/aren't the entirety of ITV's non-London output?

Judge Rinder is Salford I believe

Also according to wiki, Tipping Point is made in Bristol

The Chase is Elstree, does that count as London?

Also you aren't including the vast amount of non-studio based stuff, all the dramas, factual etc that makes up prime time.
KE
kernow
I think the general point again is that if ITV daytime has been relying on so few brands that when one goes they're just going to make the remaining ones longer, things have got to a pretty pass. Presumably this will continue until there's just one programme from 6am to 2pm. As mentioned, if nothing else you would assume they'd want to continue the benefits of having a show produced outside London five days a week.

Presumably ITV is required to produce a certain amount of programming per week from outside the M25, and the abrupt axing of JK has caused them a headache in this regard?

The closure of the London Studios will have softened the blow, as a number of non-daytime programmes which were previously filmed there are now filmed outside of London.

Newer posts