The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
South Today
Look Levy live from sunny Skegness this evening.
RA
radiolistener
Look Levy live from sunny Skegness this evening.

Wil Uncle Peter be judging the glamorous granny competition?
AN
Andrew Founding member
The Bank Holiday edition of Calendar was presented from the Calendar garden

Ian White did all 3 of today’s Look North bulletins, here he is with a sneak peak at presfax in the top corner

AS
AlexS
Presumably someone else did the breakfast opts for Look North
JT
jolly turnip
AlexS posted:
Presumably someone else did the breakfast opts for Look North

Breakfast opts are from Hull anyhow. Think it was Jill Archbold.

That's a VERY red studio as framed on that shot
RA
radiolistener
Must be very odd in Leeds or Sheffield to see the rather tired 'Ull studio at breakfast.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Ian White did all 3 of today’s Look North bulletins, here he is with a sneak peak at presfax in the top corner

Strictly speaking that's not Presfax, as it's not generated on Ceefax-era kit. I guess the name has stuck despite an upgrade...
SP
Spencer
Must be very odd in Leeds or Sheffield to see the rather tired 'Ull studio at breakfast.

Not especially - they mostly use a fairly tight shot, so you don't get to see a lot of the set, and of course it's a similar backdrop to the one Leeds have on their big screen. I doubt the average viewer notices.
AS
Asa Admin

What’s “BBC1 EMERGENCY MENU”? Is that what Network always show if a region fails to opt out?
MW
Mike W
Asa posted:

What’s “BBC1 EMERGENCY MENU”? Is that what Network always show if a region fails to opt out?

Equally I'd like to know what the outside sources NET NORTH, MLM DTT and BMN SAT are

Is Net North a north version of BBC One?
MA
Markymark
Arrow
Asa posted:

Equally I'd like to know what the outside sources NET NORTH, MLM DTT and BMN SAT are

MLM DTT is off air Emley Moor
SP
Spencer
Arrow
Asa posted:

MLM DTT is off air Emley Moor

I'm guessing therefore that BMN is Belmont.

Newer posts