TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
Continuing the game show talk, I note that UKGameshows are claiming the current version of Fifteen to One has now come to an end (‘…had its series final – and if we're to believe the rumours, the last in the current run’). Their entry for it has been changed from ‘20 September 2013 to present’ to ‘20 September 2013 to 28 June 2019’.
PE
peterh
Rumours of all types nothing official
GO
gottago
Continuing the game show talk, I note that UKGameshows are claiming the current version of Fifteen to One has now come to an end (‘…had its series final – and if we're to believe the rumours, the last in the current run’). Their entry for it has been changed from ‘20 September 2013 to present’ to ‘20 September 2013 to 28 June 2019’.

It hasn't been in production for over two years now and this run has been on the shelf much longer than intended. £100k Drop has replaced it as the C4 daytime quota-filling nations and regions quiz and it rates higher anyway.
BR
Brekkie
Must say the Jade Goody documentary is much more interesting than I thought it was going to be. Not her biggest fan so was going to give it a miss but the BB3 nostalgia drew me in and quite interesting to hear the exec producers, C4 execs and Davina reflect on the show at its peak and what followed for Jade, and suspect their insight to the Celeb BB race row will be just as interesting next week.

Also interesting hearing from Jades mum - it's a reminder how the early series involved the families so much on BBLB and eviction night which I think helped give another insight into the HMs and remind people where they came from. Somewhere along the line that was lost and HMs were just treated as characters rather than real people.
Last edited by Brekkie on 9 August 2019 3:11pm - 2 times in total
Sh1ruba, DeMarkay and fanoftv gave kudos
SH
Sh1ruba
Must say the Jade Goody documentary is much more interesting than I thought it was going to be. Not her biggest fan so was going to give it a miss but the BB3 nostalgia drew me in and quite interesting to hear the exec producers, C4 execs and Davina reflect on the show at its peak and what followed for Jade, and suspect their insight to the Celeb BB race tow will be just as interesting next week.

Also interesting hearing from Jades mum - it's a reminder how the early series involved the families so much on BBLB and eviction night which I think helped give another insight into the HMs and remind people where they came from. Somewhere along the line that was lost and HMs were just treated as characters rather than real people.

I was intending on giving it a watch actually.
My mum didn't watch it though, thought it was too sad.

12 days later

NL
Ne1L C
Re: Channel 4 moving to Leeds

Calendar has reported that C4 are paying employees £500 to travel to the city to see if anyone is interested in moving.
NW
nwtv2003
I have a complaint.

JC
JCB
I have a complaint.

Enjoyed the irony of this self-congratulatory tweet about being oh-so different being followed by a 'Great British Bake Off' tweet.
DeMarkay, Closedown and Richard gave kudos
JO
Josh
On a presentation related note, there was one of those special pre-recorded links into The Lateish Show last night. It had all of the announcers saying "I am Channel 4." with the hashtag #4AllTheUK underneath
TE
tesandco Founding member
Not quite a hashtag on this occasion, but close enough. Although did seem a very random junction to have placed it in!

Video
:-(
A former member
9pm junction would have been better, as 8 out of 10 had a disabled comic on.
MR
mr_vivian
I did a google and Channel 4 complaints are sent to Belfast. I didn't know Channel 4 had any departments here.

Newer posts