TV Home Forum

ITV Daytime reshuffle

Rumours of later GMB and longer This Morning? (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LS
Lou Scannon
Someone has edited ITV Lunchtime News on Wikipedia to say the 1.30pm bulletin is moving back to 12.30pm.

I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

Or a lorry-load of it...
JK
JKDerry
I believe it is nonsense, as the SRO Audiences website who deal with tickets to Loose Women say the show will continue to air 12.30pm weekdays in the autumn.

Wikipedia - I mean ..... Why bother?
VM
VMPhil
I really don’t mean to be rude, but I don't understand why people report things that have been added without citation to Wikipedia.
JK
JKDerry
I really don’t mean to be rude, but I don't understand why people still report things that have been added without citation to Wikipedia.

My attitude is why do they bother adding this to Wikipedia in the first place
BR
Brekkie
Wikipedia is about as trustworthy as an American President.
CW
CraigWills
This threads took a bit of a turn into fantasy/wild speculation and scrolling on Wikipedia. This seems to be very much at an idea stage at this point and since ITV are still looking at new productions for 9:25 it’s just one possible option. The benefits of doing the time slot rejig are clear 1) They can give Piers’ Golden 15 minutes extra exposure when more people are awake 2) It pleases ‘news’ fans - those people who don’t want to hear Piers’ latest ‘outrage’ can catch up with the news in what seems to be an extended format* 3) They close a gap at 9:25 where so far nothing’s doing as well as JK did 4) This Morning being extended is hardly noticeable, it’ll just mean an extra guest or they’ll definitely have a cookery or fashion segment where they don’t have one every single day as it stands. 5) Schedule after 10:30 is as normal, meaning the change is minimal with the exception of Lorraine really.

The only question is what the 6-6:30 will look like? I think it’s almost definitely going to be produced by ITV Breakfast’s news team (which are separate although share some resources from time to time) because they have the most resources in the morning and have reporters on location etc. But what will it be called on air? I think GMB News is a little clunky and considering GMB use itv news branding, ITV Morning News would seem likely.
JK
JKDerry
This threads took a bit of a turn into fantasy/wild speculation and scrolling on Wikipedia. This seems to be very much at an idea stage at this point and since ITV are still looking at new productions for 9:25 it’s just one possible option. The benefits of doing the time slot rejig are clear 1) They can give Piers’ Golden 15 minutes extra exposure when more people are awake 2) It pleases ‘news’ fans - those people who don’t want to hear Piers’ latest ‘outrage’ can catch up with the news in what seems to be an extended format* 3) They close a gap at 9:25 where so far nothing’s doing as well as JK did 4) This Morning being extended is hardly noticeable, it’ll just mean an extra guest or they’ll definitely have a cookery or fashion segment where they don’t have one every single day as it stands. 5) Schedule after 10:30 is as normal, meaning the change is minimal with the exception of Lorraine really.

The only question is what the 6-6:30 will look like? I think it’s almost definitely going to be produced by ITV Breakfast’s news team (which are separate although share some resources from time to time) because they have the most resources in the morning and have reporters on location etc. But what will it be called on air? I think GMB News is a little clunky and considering GMB use itv news branding, ITV Morning News would seem likely.

Wouldn't ITV Morning News make it feel as is they have to use the national news studio at ITN and not Television Centre? GMB Morning News or GMB First reports could be used instead for 6.00am.
NL
Ne1L C
ITV News At 6, ITN Daybreak, ITN First Reports?
CI
cityprod

Wouldn't ITV Morning News make it feel as is they have to use the national news studio at ITN and not Television Centre? GMB Morning News or GMB First reports could be used instead for 6.00am.

I'm not convinced the 6-6.30am slot will be GMB branded. That kind of feels somewhat cluncky compared to something like the ITV Morning News. First Report would be a good compromise, or First Edition.

If you remember, Breakfast did something similar back in 2004, which if I remember correctly was sometimes refered to as Breakfast Briefing. That was incredibly cluncky, having seperate presenters for the first half hour, before the regular hosts took over at 6.30. I don't think GMB will follow that lead, they'll probably keep it seperately branded just avoid confusion.
:-(
A former member
The final era of Daybreak had no issues having a newsier first hour with different hosts.

One thing is for certain though - it won’t be called anything remotely like First Report.
BBI45, Lou Scannon and Jon gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
One thing is for certain though - it won’t be called anything remotely like First Report.

Quite. It will clearly get some sort of ITV News and/or GMB orientated name.

If they opted for a totally non-GMB style, then it would almost certainly have a title sequence and logo that literally just says "ITV News" - just like every other national bulletin - albeit that the voiceover and/or listings may say something more specific (e.g. "ITV Morning News"), as per other main bulletins.
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 24 August 2019 12:55am
JK
JKDerry

Quite. It will clearly get some sort of ITV News and/or GMB orientated name.

GMB Today has been used before and could easily be used for the 6.00am - 6.30am slot.
cal0906, BBI45 and Lou Scannon gave kudos

Newer posts