TV Home Forum

Loose Women

From TVC - April 2018 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Loose Women will be affected as some games don't begin till after 11am. I do think ITV are now paying the price somewhat of not having replacement programming in the summer now they have an hour to fill and no real options on the shelf, and Loose Women probably would benefit from a short summer break too - or at the very least replacing it with Loose Summer, bringing in a couple of summer hosts to give a bit more consistency over the summer whilst the regular hosts are filling in on other shows.
JO
Jonwo
Loose Women will be affected as some games don't begin till after 11am. I do think ITV are now paying the price somewhat of not having replacement programming in the summer now they have an hour to fill and no real options on the shelf, and Loose Women probably would benefit from a short summer break too - or at the very least replacing it with Loose Summer, bringing in a couple of summer hosts to give a bit more consistency over the summer whilst the regular hosts are filling in on other shows.

Must be shortened or prerecorded editions as they have are showing full filming dates until the end of October.
CA
Capybara
Do studio audiences who have tickets for a shorter and prerecorded programme get discounts or cheaper tickets?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Studio audience tickets are usually free.
CA
Capybara
Studio audience tickets are usually free.

Interesting - might just be my uninformed opinion but excluding things like cameras, studio, etc. the content isn't particularly expensive to produce?
JO
Jonwo
The audience for TV shows are essentially props for the production company, I’m sure many would pay to go see Michael McIntyre’s Big Show or BGT but logistically I think by making it free, people have more incentive to give it a punt
LL
Larry the Loafer
The presence of "laugh" and "applaud" cues in American shows cements the theory of them being "props".
LO
LONDON

On a presentational aspect, the blue "curtain" that surrounds the studio can often be seen in-shot behind the presenters and the set when there is a long or wide shot of the desk. However, on occasion, that curtain appears not to be there. What is it for anyway?

On a tour of TV Centre last week I was told that the blue curtain was chosen by the Loose Women themselves. They wanted to create a sense of intimacy within the studio, which the black curtain would not achieve.
CA
cal0906
Nadia Sawalha just said on her Instagram Live that the w/c September 2nd, the whole week is filled with special episodes for the 20th Anniversary.

Friday 6th September is the big one though with Nadia, Kaye and Jane all apparently on as the original panel.

Newer posts