TV Home Forum

ITV Daytime reshuffle

Rumours of later GMB and longer This Morning? (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
TCOTV posted:
I’m bored so this post happened. Sorry advance.

Idea1;
6:00am GMB News Hour
7:00am GMB
9:25am Lorraine
10:30am This Morning
12:30pm Loose Women

Think this morning or lose women going on longer would be a mistake. Also they might convince Mr Morgan to go 4 days a week with a later start time.

Idea2;
6:00am GMB
9:00am Lorraine
10:00am This Morning with E&R
11:00am Late Morning with H&P
12:30pm Loose Women

Late morning be a fun magazine show with showbiz, games, food and fashion. where this morning be more real life story’s, advice and news. They would be sister shows so there be similar branding.

There's no chance ITV would do an extra live show with Eamonn and Ruth especially as it would risk upsetting Holly and Phil.
JK
JK08
I'm surprised the idea of a return for GMB Today hasn't been mentioned.
NL
Ne1L C
Just seen the Mirror's report. It's claiming that GMB will start at 6.30 after a news bulletin. Sound like a rejig of TV-AM's early days.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Just seen the Mirror's report. It's claiming that GMB will start at 6.30 after a news bulletin. Sound like a rejig of TV-AM's early days.

If that's the case, I wonder if ITN will produce it or ITV Breakfast?

Delving into fantasy schedules here, but with a rejig of This Morning.

6-6.30: ITV Morning News
6.30-9: GMB
9-10: Lorraine
10-12.30 This Morning
12.30-1.30 Loose Women
1.30-2: ITV Lunchtime News/ITV Regional News
2.00: Judge Rinder
TC
TCOTV
Would ITV really want to pay for an extra live show with Eamonn & Ruth as suggested above? It’s a nice idea but surely the thought behind extending the current shows is as much about extending brands people already watch as it is about keeping additional costs low?

It would be in the same set. Might need to add zone but it’s the same set and same team. Ruth could still host Loose women some days. The idea is about breaking the 2 and a half hours up as I thought it would be to long.
NL
Ne1L C
http://www.mcmweb.co.uk/apfs/apfs_presents/dhesford_tvam.htm
TC
TCOTV
As my mate just said why not just swap this morning and Judge Rinder around.
9:25 This Morning
11:30 Judge Rinder
SP
Spencer

They could go full TV-am and bring back the name Daybreak for the early-morning news sequence.

Then again...
Stuart, DeMarkay and Ne1L C gave kudos
SC
Si-Co
Much of this speculation/fantasy scheduling suggest the traditional 9.25am handover from breakfast to daytime [or national breakfast ITV contractor to regional ITV contractor] will be scrapped. Is that possible without a change in the relevant broadcasting agreements? Or can the ITV network get round it by having a “silent” changeover at 9.25 mid-programme?
BR
Brekkie
Considering their dominance at weekends a cookery magazine show would probably slot in quite nicely as something the same but different to the shows either side of it.
NL
Ne1L C
I daresay It'll be silent. The handovers between GMB and local news are practically seamless.
JA
JAS84
Si-Co posted:
Much of this speculation/fantasy scheduling suggest the traditional 9.25am handover from breakfast to daytime [or national breakfast ITV contractor to regional ITV contractor] will be scrapped. Is that possible without a change in the relevant broadcasting agreements? Or can the ITV network get round it by having a “silent” changeover at 9.25 mid-programme?
Just having a commercial break at that time would work.

Newer posts