The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Markymark
RDJ posted:
A huge spider just 'attacked' a guest on Afternoon Live just now. A spider was crawling on the camera providing the live shot for the Glasgow skyline backdrop.

Sean had to apologise and explain that the guest was not actually sat in front of a real window.

I'm counting the seconds before there's a Daily Express click bait article published
LL
London Lite Founding member
RDJ posted:
A huge spider just 'attacked' a guest on Afternoon Live just now. A spider was crawling on the camera providing the live shot for the Glasgow skyline backdrop.

Sean had to apologise and explain that the guest was not actually sat in front of a real window.

I'm counting the seconds before there's a Daily Express click bait article published

Spider TERRORISES BBC guest.
MI
TheMike

About 4 minutes in.
TVLand and Anglialad gave kudos
WH
whoiam989
That reminds me of something happened on Channel 9 in Melbourne, Australia years ago.

AN
Anglialad

About 4 minutes in.

ITV’s spying device maybe?
CA
Capybara
Longer headlines that would normally be on two lines have had the text size shortened to make it fit into one line in the NAT headlines just now.
AG
AxG
Longer headlines that would normally be on two lines have had the text size shortened to make it fit into one line in the NAT headlines just now.

I'm OK with that, the worse thing they could have done was squashed the text.
JF
JF World News
Everytime I watch programmes on BBC News rounding up a week of special reports like Farming Focus or Victoria Review I think the news channel needs to bring back Reporters which is still produced by BBC World. Surely that would work in the 06:30, 15:30 and 21:30 slot,
TV
TVInfoSource
On the 00:00 BST bulletin the coming up headline graphic got stuck on the screen throughout the intro, studio pan and a few seconds of the first story before wiping to the logo which immediately faded to the flipper.
JF
JF World News
Wonder why the Six is full length tonight, but not regional news. Surely Espace To The Country could of been a 45 min edition allowing a normal Six
MA
Markymark
Wonder why the Six is full length tonight, but not regional news. Surely Espace To The Country could of been a 45 min edition allowing a normal Six

Normal work day in Scotland today, and a 25 min edition of Reporting Scotland at 18:45
NE
News96
Someone needs to remind the schedulers that Bank Holiday Monday's are still technically a weekend! (and that's without getting into the fact it isn't a Bank Holiday today in Scotland.)
Last edited by News96 on 26 August 2019 7:07pm

Newer posts