TV Home Forum

ITV Daytime reshuffle

Rumours of later GMB and longer This Morning? (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JK08
This was commented on in the GMB thread but I think it would benefit from its own.

Quote:
This Morning 'to get new slot' in ITV reshuffle after Jeremy Kyle Show axe

According to reports a proposal has been submitted by an ITV focus group that will also see changes to time slots for Good Morning Britain and Lorraine

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/tv/morning-to-new-slot-itv-16803184

It wasn't going to be long until it was picked up by the papers, but Mirror owned MEN is reporting that they will also introduce live handovers between shows.
HC
Hatton Cross
And how does that solve the regional production quota for ITV?
Kyle's show did tick that particular 1 hour production from outside the M25 box.

Unless Lorraine is now going to made and produced for Salford..
DV
DVB Cornwall
No final decisions yet ...

Lygo at the EITV Fest
JK
JKDerry
Are there any confirmation on these rumours? Any idea of a start date?
BR
Brekkie

The answer was literally posted before you even asked the question.
ST
Stuart
Doesn't this require some consent from STV? They control their schedule from 09:25, so could theoretically cut Lorraine off "mid-sentence" and broadcast something else.

Surely they wouldn't be happy about these 'live handovers', as it would remove any STV branded continuity.
:-(
A former member
Stv don't care as long as it get an ad break at 09.35.

However I would prefere a new programme or even a simple gameshow at 10am to bridge the gap.
JO
Jonwo
I think this schedule would be the last resort if none of the new programmes they trial in that slot work.

I'm not sure extending This Morning or Loose Women is a good idea though.
AN
Andrew Founding member

The only thing that has happened in that survey where the idea has been raised

To the tabloids this means the scenario is 100% confirmed and happening and they’ve even invented how it’s going to work.
TC
TCOTV
I’m bored so this post happened. Sorry advance.

Idea1;
6:00am GMB News Hour
7:00am GMB
9:25am Lorraine
10:30am This Morning
12:30pm Loose Women

Think this morning or lose women going on longer would be a mistake. Also they might convince Mr Morgan to go 4 days a week with a later start time.

Idea2;
6:00am GMB
9:00am Lorraine
10:00am This Morning with E&R
11:00am Late Morning with H&P

Late morning be a fun magazine show with showbiz, games, food and fashion. where this morning be more real life story’s, advice and news. They would be sister shows so there be similar branding.
AN
Anglialad
TCOTV posted:
I’m bored so this post happened. Sorry advance.

Idea1;
6:00am GMB News Hour
7:00am GMB
9:25am Lorraine
10:30am This Morning

Think this morning or lose women going on longer would be a mistake. Also they might convince Mr Morgan to go 4 days a week with a later start time.

Idea2;
6:00am GMB
9:00am Lorraine
10:00am This Morning with E&R
11:00am Late Morning with H&P

Late morning be a fun magazine show with showbiz, games, food and fashion. where this morning be more real life story’s, advice and news. They would be sister shows so there be similar branding.

Idea 1 is just GMTV in disguise, Idea 2, pretty much what’s on now. (Apart from Late Morning but could be a possibility though)
AS
Ash101
Would ITV really want to pay for an extra live show with Eamonn & Ruth as suggested above? It’s a nice idea but surely the thought behind extending the current shows is as much about extending brands people already watch as it is about keeping additional costs low?
Brekkie, Jonwo and chris gave kudos

Newer posts