The Gallery

Mock: BBC Wales (as a TV Channel/Timeslot)

My Idea on what BBC Wales as a TV Channel/Major Timeslot would look like (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
To be honest I think I preferred what you posted first time round, your revised "blocks" for want of a better term look like they're struggling to stand up.

I feel you might have limited traction with this logo while they remain slanted.
NA
natwel27
It's currently running the risk of resembling the current BBC Three logo. Idents and surrounding pres are truly fantastic I must say, however the logo almost seems far to imposing. I first thought maybe a horizontal line along the bottom connecting the three vertical lines, just to further push the fact that the logo represents a 'W', though that would most likely result in a plethora of subsequent issues.
TW
TWL95
To be honest I think I preferred what you posted first time round, your revised "blocks" for want of a better term look like they're struggling to stand up.

I feel you might have limited traction with this logo while they remain slanted.

It's currently running the risk of resembling the current BBC Three logo. Idents and surrounding pres are truly fantastic I must say, however the logo almost seems far to imposing. I first thought maybe a horizontal line along the bottom connecting the three vertical lines, just to further push the fact that the logo represents a 'W', though that would most likely result in a plethora of subsequent issues.

so practically revert back to the old logo in order to stop trying to improve it incase more issues arise?
TW
TWL95
TWL95 posted:

so practically revert back to the old logo in order to stop trying to improve it incase more issues arise?

I'll take that as a yes
BR
Brekkie
Still don't like it I'm afraid. Personally think it might be better flipped so it slanted the other way, but overall just think it doesn't work alongside the "BBC Wales" logo and it's also just too 2D.
TW
TWL95
Here is what a Mock BBC Wales Startup Junction, Continuity, Weather and Closedown would look like:

* NOTE: Apologies for my voice being weirdly softly spoken *

JO
Josh
From a design perspective, I feel the idents represent Wales well (even though I'm not from Wales!) and work nicely. I can see the similarities to BBC Scotland and they both tie together nicely.

From a technical point of view, would there be a point in keeping BBC Two Wales running and having this as a "major timeslot", as you phrased it? As well as this, I don't think it would make sense to hand over to the NC as BBC Scotland doesn't do this and there would be some continuity between the channels if that were to happen. Same goes with the national anthem.

Other than that and the other points mentioned by my peers, keep it up as you've got a great mock! Smile
TW
TWL95
Josh posted:
From a design perspective, I feel the idents represent Wales well (even though I'm not from Wales!) and work nicely. I can see the similarities to BBC Scotland and they both tie together nicely.

From a technical point of view, would there be a point in keeping BBC Two Wales running and having this as a "major timeslot", as you phrased it? As well as this, I don't think it would make sense to hand over to the NC as BBC Scotland doesn't do this and there would be some continuity between the channels if that were to happen. Same goes with the national anthem.

Other than that and the other points mentioned by my peers, keep it up as you've got a great mock! Smile

thanks Josh
FO
FanOfTV99
This is really good.

Hope to see more from this soon.
EL
elmarko
Did anyone mention the unneeded apostrophes yet? I couldn’t see any comments.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member

Well if you didn't see any comments about them then that means nobody has mentioned them...
A couple of stray apostrophes is immaterial to the rest of the mock really - this is the Gallery, not A-Level English.
TW
TWL95

I presume you meant those apostrophes with "Weekday's" and "Weekend's"?

Newer posts