TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Jon posted:

Tesco, Waitrose, Morrisons, rising slowly, falling later.

You know things are bad when it's Waitrose AND Morrisons.

Eh?

Sarcasm.
JA
JAS84

3. They will use separate commentary teams for TV & Radio but people will people hired to work for the BBC will work across TV & Radio dispelling myths they would use TMS on the TV
That makes sense. Stuff that would be obvious from looking at it, or which would be on the on screen graphics, doesn't need mentioning on the TV commentary. Of course, radio needs to mention everything.
toby lerone 2016 and Closedown gave kudos
NW
nwtv2003
Whilst I haven’t seen anything official yet, Sport Bible are reporting that no broadcaster will be picking up La Liga for the rest of the season when the short term ITV deal expires.
BR
Brekkie
Serves them right for ditching their partner of 20 years and looks like Sky aren't willing to bail them out.
RD
rdd Founding member
It’s a pity for the football fan though if one of the top leagues in Europe can’t be watched at any price.
ST
steveboswell
Everyone who registered for Sky Sports Box Office before 5 August 2019 will need to re-register, according to an email I received from Sky today.

Quote:
We've made some exciting updates to the Sky Sports Box Office website and apps. This means that everyone will need to re-register to carry on using the service.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Presumably going to 1080p et al
HC
Hatton Cross
I would have thought with WTA Tennis moving up the Amazon from the end of the year, and there's a few times where games are played during Saturday and Sunday evenings, that now leave a hole in the schedule.
La Liga could help BT Sport fill that gap, I would have thought..
BR
Brekkie
I suspect La Liga are after a fee as if every game features Barcelona and Real Madrid whilst of course only two per round do and to an extent showing the rest is a burden.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Interesting report that Bundesliga are developing their own OTT system for diverse markets where selling rights to a DTA offering is met with rejection. This should be ready for 2020-1 and will be used as a lever to avoid the situation La Liga is in now. How many markets this involves will be critical. We’ll see.

EDIT - Now with added tweet.

Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 22 August 2019 6:28pm
TL
toby lerone 2016
Late right news
If your looking for some Free to Air European Football, Northern Ireland side Linfield's UEFA Europa League Play Off against FK Qarabag at Windsor Park will be streamed live on the BBC Sport NI website tonight. Surprised they didn't put it on BBC Two as they now cover 13 local games live on TV per season although it seems to be going the way of streaming matches online as they did cover 16 matches from the Super Cup NI youth football tournament online at the end of July as well as streaming NI women's Home International matches as well as the NI Under 21s and the County Antrim Shield.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49387655
DV
DVB Cornwall
Not sure where BBC NI are sourcing this match from, it has it's own unique score box not a BBC Sport variant.

Newer posts