TV Home Forum

New Sky channels: Crime, Comedy, Documentaries, Nature

Sky Documentaries, History and Nature now launched (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Stuart
I can't see where they can squeeze these two new channels on to the EPG. The entertainment section already overflows into the oblivion of the 450s.
NW
nwtv2003
I can't see where they can squeeze these two new channels on to the EPG. The entertainment section already overflows into the oblivion of the 450s.

Only a thought, but a plausible one...

OR
orange
Exciting, albeit weird and unexpected news. I thought a couple of days ago if they were going to do more with NBC programming, or if they might bring the NBC brand here like FOX - but here’s our answer!
PF
PFML84
I wonder if they will put Sky Comedy on 121 and Sky Crime on 122 and push Sky Arts and Sky Sports Mix to different numbers?

I can't see them launching new channels so far down the EPG as they will go unnoticed. Why a sports channel is in General Entertainment anyway is beyond me.
ZE
zeebre12
What happened to Sky saying they were going to cut the number of linear channels? Do they really need all the channels? Couldnt the comedy stuff all go on Sky 1 and the crime stuff on Sky Witness? Diluting content across loys of channels
:-(
A former member
What the heck is SKY Kids???

Quote:

Both stations will join Sky’s existing channel portfolio comprising Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Sky Witness, Sky Arts, which sit alongside the broader services of Sky Cinema and Sky Kids.

Taken from this
https://www.thedrum.com/news/2019/08/21/sky-extends-branded-channel-footprint-with-sky-crime-and-sky-comedy

Quote:

Broadcaster Sky has extended its suite of branded channels with the unveiling of Sky Crime and Sky Comedy which will go live in October and February 2020 respectively.

The twin additions to its current programming stable will be made available to all existing Sky customers at no additional charge via both linear broadcast and on-demand, with viewers also able to access both channels via Now TV.

Unsurprisingly Sky Crime will focus its attentions on some of the more infamous examples of true crime to be committed in the US and UK with programmes such as Britain’s Most Evil Killers; Now Die and The Disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Sky Comedy will pull together hit US comedy shows from HBO, NBC and Showtime including a new series of Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Tonight Show and perennial favourites such as Will & Grace.

Both stations will join Sky’s existing channel portfolio comprising Sky One, Sky Atlantic, Sky Witness, Sky Arts, which sit alongside the broader services of Sky Cinema and Sky Kids.

In recent years Sky has built the UK's second largest advertiser by drawing its creative requirements in-house.
FO
FanOfTV99
And also The Tonight Show is awful these days. Like the host juse does fake laughing, slaps a desk and kids games with celebrities. They could have just got The Late Show or no talk show at all.
PF
PFML84
What the heck is SKY Kids???

https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-kids
LL
London Lite Founding member
Well if these new channels are replacing Real Lives and Sky 2, it resolves the issue of having low rated channels not doing much but showing repeats as a placeholder.

I'd think NOW TV will also get these channels as part of the Entertainment Pass as well?
TC
TCOTV
Looks like the twitter handles have been confirmed.

KU
Kunst
Sky’s other channel brands include E!, SYFY, Pick and Challenge.

See how Universal Channel has not been mentioned.. and I could see it go, now

It'd make a lot of sense to close down Universal Channel too, since it's a "generic" channel
And now with the Sky's takeover by Universal, it becomes useless
PF
PFML84
Could they close Universal and replace it with Sky Crime and pull out of the agreement with Viacom and launch Sky Comedy themselves and (as I'm sure they have already agreed in contracts) that Sky own the EPG slot so a Viacom owned Comedy Central would have to move down the EPG? As reported in the Channel 5 thread, Comedy Central is now reported to BARB as a Channel 5 channel and not Viacom as it used to be, so it seems something is going on.

Newer posts