TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NA
natwel27
It's a shame that you can't really win with these idents. If they're great, they're only on screen for a week and you won't see them again. On the other hand, if they're terrible, that ident is the only one you'll see for the whole week.
FA
fanoftv
The novelty war off back in January for me.

I know what you mean. For years I’ve adored TV presentation, and you’d think that having a new ident weekly would be a dream, but they generally don’t interest me. Whether this is because they’re a created piece that doesn’t create a good ident, lacks a memorable musical accompaniment or for another reason, I can’t quite work it out.
BR
Brekkie
Well the music is just a variation of the excellent 2013 package and generally fits with the package, but maybe as a piece of "art" more consideration should have been made to the audio too - though they all have to be fairly "news safe" I guess.

Maybe now it's a case that apart from relaunches new idents are generally a bit of a surprise when they debut, so knowing you're getting one every Monday morning takes the fun out of it a bit.
:-(
A former member
I think the music that accompanies the idents and other bits of presentation is fantastic, especially the piece that goes with the daytime lineup menu.

ITV has always been pretty good for music to be fair. I was a big fan of the music that accompanied the emotions look, but then I think I was in a very small minority that liked that era anyway.
chevron, Brekkie and Sh1ruba gave kudos
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Week 34 : Erin Taylor

Lou Scannon and Sh1ruba gave kudos
JO
Josh
I'm getting shivers down my spine.
:-(
A former member
Josh posted:
I'm getting shivers down my spine.

Put the heating on?
Josh, Lou Scannon and orange gave kudos
OR
orange
Other than making me feel itchy it’s so boring and a frustratingly unimaginative use of the material... we could’ve had something a lot more interesting if it was thought out more like having the logo appear through a flat puddle of the material - not someone swirling about the material with a magnet underneath a cutout of the logo?

I feel like I’m going overboard so forgive me but I think it’s a shame. Fairly good concept, poor execution.
FO
FanOfTV99
I dont know why but it reminds me of BBC2's Monster Night. Possibly from the way the logo look but idk
DA
Dave Founding member
In no was it this presentation related but ITV have announced they are closing ITV Choice in the Middle East on the 20th August.

Very surprising move considering its got a pretty good line up if UK shows and has sat well next to BBC First

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/television/du-will-no-longer-offer-itv-choice-in-the-region-from-august-20-1.899204

There will be many unhappy expats returning from the summer break very unhappy!!
LS
Lou Scannon
The novelty war off back in January for me.

I don't recall any of the idents featuring fighting/battles/conflict.

(Please compare the words "war" and "wore" in a dictionary)
JA
JAS84
Dave posted:
In no was it this presentation related but ITV have announced they are closing ITV Choice in the Middle East on the 20th August.

Very surprising move considering its got a pretty good line up if UK shows and has sat well next to BBC First

https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/television/du-will-no-longer-offer-itv-choice-in-the-region-from-august-20-1.899204

There will be many unhappy expats returning from the summer break very unhappy!!
Appears to be just two countries affected, it doesn't appear to be closing down outright. Also, this wasn't an ITV announcement. The article cites emails from two different providers. They say they don't know if the providers dropped it or ITV pulled out of those countries. I'd suspect it's the former.

Newer posts