« Topics
PATV Scunthorpe674 posts since 2 Sep 2014
Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
The Look Hull bulletin just now went out with the old graphics, with all the names, bar the presenters, unnecessarily having the old Live graphic tag onto the template

And I'll tack on this sports graphic, which while the regions produce some questionable stuff at the best of times, this seems a whole lot worse than any other sports scores created by Hull recently
“Nostalgia’s cool, but it won’t help me now, the dream is good, if you don’t wear it out.”
Andrew13,662 posts since 27 Mar 2001
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
On that note, It’s always fun to see the regions having to deal with a football result that doesn’t have a standard result, and see how they make a mess of it destroying the template.

A match that has either gone to extra time, or penalties, or has had 2 legs with an aggregate score, or is a late result, or has been postponed...

Or teams with long names (like Sheffield Wednesday) that they allow to run outside the allotted box,
harshy6,193 posts since 24 Mar 2001
What’s really annoying over the Pennines they have proper modern 21st century facilities yet we are left with 90s technology in Yorkshire, it’s a joke.
Mike W4,904 posts since 30 Apr 2006
London London
What’s really annoying over the Pennines they have proper modern 21st century facilities yet we are left with 90s technology in Yorkshire, it’s a joke.

The whole English regions thing is a joke, but the argument is would HD improve the content, probably not. 15 or so times the cost of Plymouth’s Tech upgrade - is it worth it when the corporation is trying to save money?
Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you...
Lou Scannon1,167 posts since 1 Jan 2016
HTV West Points West

The whole English regions thing is a joke, but the argument is would HD improve the content, probably not. 15 or so times the cost of Plymouth’s Tech upgrade - is it worth it when the corporation is trying to save money?

And it's a fat lot of bloody use certain English Regions (e.g. Plymouth, Salford) having been made in HD for ages, when they *still* can't actually sodding well be watched in HD. Rolling Eyes
They’ll have to go HD, and indeed be broadcast in HD at some point surely

Even if is 10 Years, 20 Years...

...the twelfth of never...
I'm still a European.
BBI45 gave kudos
London Lite10,568 posts since 4 Jan 2003
London London

And it's a fat lot of bloody use certain English Regions (e.g. Plymouth, Salford) having been made in HD for ages, when they *still* can't actually sodding well be watched in HD. Rolling Eyes
They’ll have to go HD, and indeed be broadcast in HD at some point surely

Even if is 10 Years, 20 Years...

...the twelfth of never...

BBC London is shown in full HD during Breakfast on the NC at 0627. Bulletins at 57 and 27 past each hour use a pushback for sign language.

You can see the benefits of Plymouth and Salford in HD during the News Nationwide segment on Afternoon Live when they go to those regions and also see how bad the other English regions are in SD.
AndrewPSSP, Owen_ploc and 3 others
  • ittrgrey
  • BBI45
  • Lou Scannon
gave kudos