« Topics
DVB Cornwall8,391 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Tennis ....

OTT provider Tennis TV is having a major issue and has been unable to show any of the Cincinnati Final this evening, a complete tie break first set has been completed. AZPV is OK though, but still isn't as good quality as the OTT product.

UPDATE .... They never got it working.
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 18 August 2019 11:32pm
dvboy9,843 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
Amazon offered two different commentaries, not sure why. Prime was namechecked at the start of the court coverage so they weren't just taking ATP's commentary.

Prime had some navigation issues around 9pm which were fixed but their matches from Winston-Salem which were listed from 10pm haven't actually been available.
Watch it and find out.
Markymark6,962 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
I think deliberate. In the odd times I've watched it, there has been an 'ambient' noise present, and when a goal comes up on the vidiprinter, there is usualy a 'roar' of the crowd briefly heard as well.

It think BT Sport do the same thing on Goal, but only where one is scored in the Premier League.

Blimey, we can't be far off wind and rain noise during the Shopping Forecast then
Closedown gave kudos
harshy6,193 posts since 24 Mar 2001
I presume they aren’t new, but those were nice graphics France Televisions used for France v Scotland last night - very clean and simple.

The huge ones that spanned most of the screen?

Yeah too big and the scoreboard a little too far down too.
DVB Cornwall8,391 posts since 4 Dec 2003
Westcountry Spotlight
Tennis ....

OTT provider Tennis TV is having a major issue and has been unable to show any of the Cincinnati Final this evening, a complete tie break first set has been completed. AZPV is OK though, but still isn't as good quality as the OTT product.

UPDATE .... They never got it working.

Further Update ..

Compensation of a free month for subscribers has been offered, which needs claiming before Friday of this week.

https://www.tennistv.com/help/cincinnati-final-streaming-issues/?utm_campaign=1551796_Newsletter_19082019&utm_medium=email&utm_source=ATP%20Media&utm_content=read%20our%20help%20page&dm_i=2YY2,X9DG,4W2538,3H7QA,1
toby lerone 2016435 posts since 13 Jul 2016
UTV Newsline
BBC have released a document in the last couple of days in regards to their Cricket Coverage from May 2020. A few things we learnt
1. BBC TV Cricket highlights will be an independent production for the first 2 years and could be for the whole contract but their live coverage of the Hundred (possibly women's cricket) will be an in house production
2. Test Match Highlights will be broadcast at 7pm on BBC Two
3. They will use separate commentary teams for TV & Radio but people will people hired to work for the BBC will work across TV & Radio dispelling myths they would use TMS on the TV

See more at: http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/site/bbc-sport-itt-international-cricket-highlights-august-2019.pdf