The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
If what I’m gathering from anchors and correspondents on social media etc..... CNN’s move from Atlanta and Columbus Circle to Hudson’s Yard in Manhattan is around the corner.
GI
ginnyfan
Could you post some links to tweets please. I only saw this from Paul La Monica, NY biz reporter about CNN Business office move but that's already located in NY.

https://twitter.com/LaMonicaBuzz/status/1112772682700021761
MO
Mouseboy33
I saw that yesterday. And I was also gonna comment on their imminent move to Hudson Yards (or whatever its called). But seeing as its was April Fools day. Ehhh. But having said that. Any change will be an improvement on their current cramped space. Ridiculous.
NE
Newsroom
Brooke Baldwin and Shimon Prokupecx on Instagram stories.
RK
Rkolsen
From what I’ve been told by insiders here it will be a while. One thing to move offices another to move a production.
NE
Newsroom
From what I’ve been told by insiders here it will be a while. One thing to move offices another to move a production.

Brooke Baldwin had brought her husband in her office at CNN and he was helping her pack up. She said 'this is the last time you'll see this office James'. #hudsonyards. Instagram April 2nd

Shimon Prokupecz filmed himself walking into Hudson Yards and said something like 'no spoilers here folks'. Instagram 2nd April.

It's a good 30 mins to get from Columbus Circle to Hudson Yards....by car or subway so I really can't see people commuting between the both. Both of the above suggested the move was imminent. Not everyone has to do a move like the BBC did. It's totally feasible production teams and anchors will rehearsing at the new site when they are not on air.

I'm certainly looking forward to the new 'Newsroom' set.
MO
Mouseboy33
Whilst is sad that CNN has mothballed CNN Center it will be good to finally see their NY operation move into a proper space and hopefully have an actual newsroom set.
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 9 May 2019 12:54pm

35 days later

CH
Charles
CNN International EVP and Managing Director Tony Maddox is leaving after 21 years at the network. He took over from Chris Cramer in 2007. Word is that Maddox is one of many CNN staffers being offered a buyout.

Should be interesting to keep an eye on who ends up leading CNNI. Expect some changes ahead.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/what-could-have-caused-this-cnn-to-cut-as-many-as-300-staffers/

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2019/5/6/breaking-cnn-internal-memo

9 days later

BF
BFGArmy
Maybe a bit of an odd query but were the extended titles in the video below ever used much by CNN? I think the current titles are pretty good but these extended titles and theme really are brilliant and seem to feature London heavily (despite the bulletin being from CNN Centre). I can't say I've ever seen the extended version much (and never for London bulletins) - though I didn't see much of Newsroom LA so maybe some variation was used there.

This particular video seems to be from that brief period where Zain Asher did a generic Newsroom bulletin in the old 'CNN NewsCentre' slot that was later taken over by 'State of America'.
Have to say too the introduction to the bulletin is particularly over dramatic even by CNN standards - Zain's delivery and content making it sound like Putin and Obama are about to wrestle one another, the camera pan complete with that dramatic music and then that video montage.

92 days later

EX
excel99
2nd Saturday morning in a row that the usual 4-6amET (9-11amUK) CNNI simulcast on CNN/US has started at 1amET - so five straight hours of CNN Newsroom. No doubt purely done to meet a request from CNN/US, but welcome for CNNI viewers though
NE
Newsroom
Maybe a bit of an odd query but were the extended titles in the video below ever used much by CNN? I think the current titles are pretty good but these extended titles and theme really are brilliant and seem to feature London heavily (despite the bulletin being from CNN Centre). I can't say I've ever seen the extended version much (and never for London bulletins) - though I didn't see much of Newsroom LA so maybe some variation was used there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojPsCqXLMLM

This particular video seems to be from that brief period where Zain Asher did a generic Newsroom bulletin in the old 'CNN NewsCentre' slot that was later taken over by 'State of America'.
Have to say too the introduction to the bulletin is particularly over dramatic even by CNN standards - Zain's delivery and content making it sound like Putin and Obama are about to wrestle one another, the camera pan complete with that dramatic music and then that video montage.

A very 'New Day' opening.

Last edited by Newsroom on 17 August 2019 5:52pm

10 days later

GI
ginnyfan
Cyril Vanier is moving from Atlanta to London. He currentlly presents early weekend mornings.

https://twitter.com/CyrilCNN/status/1165886525508345856

Newer posts