« Topics
Caly123218 posts since 26 Sep 2015
HTV Wales Wales Today

Hey, Paul Clark nicked the BBC Two Personality ident tribute from TV Ark before it got closed down for renovation and added it to his Personality ident compilation video.

No, he didn't - what rubbish. There wasn't even a copy of the montage on TVARK.

Sorry, I thought you meant the Network tribute, not NI. But TVOpenPres did nick Paul Clark's video and added it to this video. Montage at 11:18.
Last edited by Caly123 on 17 August 2019 4:16pm
VMPhil9,786 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
It annoys me as much as anyone when someone rips my captures, but does it really matter? We hold no copyright to the material.

True. But it doesn’t help gain respect from others in the community, and is disrespectful of those who pay money to host the files on their own websites only for someone to download and upload to their own site or YouTube channel.
fanoftv and rob gave kudos
TIGHazard478 posts since 3 Jan 2014
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
It annoys me as much as anyone when someone rips my captures, but does it really matter? We hold no copyright to the material.

True. But it doesn’t help gain respect from others in the community, and is disrespectful of those who pay money to host the files on their own websites only for someone to download and upload to their own site or YouTube channel.

And I get that. I do get angry when I see my own uploads on other channels without credits. But on the other hand, it's also annoying when you go through old threads on this site and it's full of dead videos because 'the user has closed their channel/due to a copyright claim this channel has been removed', or you know there is the perfect clip to demonstrate something over on TV Ark but you can't access it because the site is going through it's revamp.

What really needs to exist is some sort of upload service like metropol, except you don't need a login to view it and videos will only go public if the original owners channel or website no longer exists, but it will still credit that original person for it.

EDIT: Thinking of MHP private parts, instead of metropol.
Last edited by TIGHazard on 17 August 2019 10:01pm
VMPhil9,786 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today

And I get that. I do get angry when I see my own uploads on other channels without credits. But on the other hand, it's also annoying when you go through old threads on this site and it's full of dead videos because 'the user has closed their channel/due to a copyright claim this channel has been removed', or you know there is the perfect clip to demonstrate something over on TV Ark but you can't access it because the site is going through it's revamp.

What really needs to exist is some sort of upload service like metropol, except you don't need a login to view it and videos will only go public if the original owners channel or website no longer exists, but it will still credit that original person for it.

I'm confused. I thought you were arguing in favour of people stealing clips from pres sites and copying them to YouTube - but now you're complaining about videos from YouTube being taken down for copyright reasons, which is why the pres sites are superior to YouTube. Granted, the situation with TV Ark is frustrating but you can't complain about it too much given it's run by volunteers in their spare time.

Also, you don't need a login to view Metropol files unless the uploader sets the file to private. A list of every upload on Metropol can be found here and you can also view a list of public uploads by each user.
623058, London Lite and Caly123 gave kudos