The Newsroom

Power outage at BBC Wales

Split from BBC Newsline (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LS
Lou Scannon
Worth keeping an eye on S4C to see what happens for Newyddion at 7.30 .

Shocked

The main 30-minute Newyddion was moved to 9pm in 2013 (and rebranded as Newyddion 9, to reflect this).
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I imagine that with a bit of notice they would have been able to get a feed from Points West or Midlands Today into Belfast.

Looks like BBC One Wales is simulcasting BBC One NI and BBC Two Wales is with network.
BB
BBI45
How did the good folks of Wales cope without Reith?!
Rexogamer and Brekkie gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Worth keeping an eye on S4C to see what happens for Newyddion at 7.30 .

Shocked

The main 30-minute Newyddion was moved to 9pm in 2013 (and rebranded as Newyddion 9, to reflect this).

Interesting. The EPG shows Newyddion at 7.30.
RD
RDJ
Newsline is a strange choice for a backup region. Though I guess Points West and Spotlight are backups for each other (as we've seen in the past) and Midlands Today and East Midlands Today are naturally backups for each other.

I'd imagine NWT would be paired with one of the Look North's.

Therefore it leaves Wales a bit on it's todd, just like NI so I guess that's the reasoning behind it.
DA
dafydd
Typically this was the first Newyddion scheduled at the earlier time and it won't get on air. They could have gone to Sgorio earlier but they have a filler instead.
Steve in Pudsey and BBI45 gave kudos
WM
WMD
I imagine that with a bit of notice they would have been able to get a feed from Points West or Midlands Today into Belfast.

Looks like BBC One Wales is simulcasting BBC One NI and BBC Two Wales is with network.

Belfast CA apologised to BBC One Wales viewers for the absence of opt-out programme Weatherman Walking at 7:30. Curious to see NI branded trails and idents going out in Wales - surely Network (and therefore regionally safe) would be better?
JF
JF World News
Why not Points West, from Bristol which was the pre-Wales opt out between 1957-63?
WM
WMD
Why not Points West, from Bristol which was the pre-Wales opt out between 1957-63?

Echoes of the HTV General service...
SP
Steve in Pudsey
If they have those network versions of trails ingested to their server, which is unlikely. Although I guess if network are playing out the same trail they could take it from there.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Just a thought, what do the nations get on the sustaining feed during the news? Could they have shown the News Channel or would it have been the HD holding screen?
DA
dafydd
Ah S4C did go to Sgorio a bit earlier.. just needed a bit of warning. Hopefully they don't have floodlight problems like they've had a few times recently, or there's 2 hours to fill.

Newer posts