TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Here it is. It looks really good especially in HD.

CR
Critique
Very old-school CA announcement into the One Show, along the lines of 'Welcome to your Wednesday evening on BBC One, I'm Jenny your announcer'!
JO
Josh
Very old-school CA announcement into the One Show, along the lines of 'Welcome to your Wednesday evening on BBC One, I'm Jenny your announcer'!

They've been name checking CAs for quite a while now

9 days later

:-(
A former member
Are we expecting this package to continue beyond xmas 2019? Its been said nothing new has actually appeared. Of course if something new is being planned, its has to be in the work right now.
BR
Brekkie
Well we got next to no notice of the curves and indeed Oneness so when it finally happens I doubt we'll be expecting it. Got to be next year surely - I'd have thought the positive reaction to the BBC2 revamp would give them the justification to ditch Oneness sooner rather than later.
Custard56 and Sh1ruba gave kudos
:-(
A former member
I'm expecting a new curves around the first week of September, That would be a good guess. Real Q is how good would be a replacement for Oneness. Its no point just replacing one dire package with another. If we do get a replacement it has to be at the level of BBC2, What could be done to make that possible.
NA
natwel27
Have Superunion do them as well.
Custard56, Sh1ruba and Lynetwork gave kudos
LY
Lynetwork
Really any outside input would be valuable at this point - Superunion, Red Bee, literally any agency that isn't completely in-house. BBC relied on solely their own in-house agency for BBC One's identity and we all know how that went down.

In short: have BBC Creative collaborate with another agency like they did with the Curve idents.
SH
Sh1ruba
Really any outside input would be valuable at this point - Superunion, Red Bee, literally any agency that isn't completely in-house. BBC relied on solely their own in-house agency for BBC One's identity and we all know how that went down.

In short: have BBC Creative collaborate with another agency like they did with the Curve idents.

Superunion would be a great choice
TI
TIGHazard
Yesterday BBC Wales had no local news due to a power cut and a simulcast of BBC NI (announced by Jennie Browne) aired during The One Show, Garden Rescue and EastEnders before BBC NI started a separate playout branded as BBC One Wales announced by Mark Simpson afterwards.

(There is a thread in the Newsroom)

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/thenewsroom/power-outage-bbc-wales-44774/
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Never heard this before... Continuity announcements being done from Media City instead of London according to tonight’s BBC One announcer
MA
Markymark
Never heard this before... Continuity announcements being done from Media City instead of London according to tonight’s BBC One announcer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99FppzRu9oU

Do what!

I wonder why, and how, Red Bee don't have any presence at Medja City?

They could have least got John Munday back in for the gig!

Newer posts