The Newsroom

South West England & CI Thread

Justin Leigh to leave the BBC (January 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LS
Lou Scannon
Since a few weeks ago, separate pan-regional forecasts are produced for online (on weekdays only) - still presented by e.g. Charlie Powell / Alex Beresford - and the separate sub-regional ones from the TV bulletins aren't uploaded at all. I dislike this change, as it makes the entire "HTV" area so small.
MI
michaelb
Who fills in for Kylie since she went to Wales
ST
South Today

Eli-Louise Wringe seems to be providing the majority of the cover.
LL
London Lite Founding member

Eli-Louise Wringe seems to be providing the majority of the cover.

And Victoria Davies on Fridays, but she looks like she'll be on leave soon.

28 days later

LL
Another move across the Bristol Channel. Ellie Pitt presented her final bulletin for ITV West Country on Sunday and is moving to ITV Wales this week.

Cari Davies appears to be the Friday cover now Victoria Davies is on maternity leave.

87 days later

ST
South Today
Spotlight love being the rebel, don't they. I noticed they have now added purple lighting to their desk.
JT
JamesTV
Spotlight love being the rebel, don't they. I noticed they have now added purple lighting to their desk.

Also still using the old BBC News logo on their end slate, and their social media profile pictures haven't been Reithed yet, whereas all other regions seem to have done so.

13 days later

LL
Going through my recordings, it appears Spotlight didn't go out at lunchtime. This was on the Channel Islands opt feed.
WM
WMD
Going through my recordings, it appears Spotlight didn't go out at lunchtime. This was on the Channel Islands opt feed.

What went out instead? NC?
LL
WMD posted:

What went out instead? NC?

Yes, NC.
LS
Lou Scannon
Flicking around various regions on iPlayer, I see that BBC One SD South West got the Network ident & anno at 17:59, and the NC/Sportsday headlines before the main Six title sequence.

For the regional headline insert circa 18:15, they seemed to mistakenly play out the main Spotlight opening headlines intended for the start of the programme at 18:30 (but with severe sound problems / virtual silence). As this would obviously overrun the time allocated for the 18:15 regional headlines, it ended abruptly during a wipe between headlines to jump back to Clive Myrie on the Six.

I was half-expecting the main Spotlight programme itself to fail to materialise at 18:30, with an NC/Sportsday simulcast in its place, but they seem to have sorted themselves out by 18:30.
ST
Stuart
I was half-expecting the main Spotlight programme itself to fail to materialise at 18:30, with an NC/Sportsday simulcast in its place, but they seem to have sorted themselves out by 18:30.

They have normally gone for Points West as a replacement broadcast in the past rather than an NC simulcast. They've even had joint titles in the past (as with this example from 2016), although I think they had more notice.
London Lite and Lou Scannon gave kudos

Newer posts