TV Home Forum

Challenge - June 2016 onwards

#ChallengeAccepted (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
One thing I noticed watching it, is that mistakes, like the host stumbling when reading out a question, are kept in and not edited out. It all comes across as a bit rushed together.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Ahh, John Sachs. The voice of a generation of children who felt compelled to buy as many Disney videos as they could.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Ahh, John Sachs. The voice of a generation of children who felt compelled to buy as many Disney videos as they could.

He was also well known in London as a presenter on Capital Radio.
RO
rob Founding member

He was also well known in London as a presenter on Capital Radio.

Also the commentator on Gladiators, as well as his appearances on The Brian Conley Show...

20 days later

JB
JasonB
Is it me or are my eyes deceiving me? Am I right in thinking the twins from Neighbours Christina and Caroline are on Take Your Pick right now?
RO
rob Founding member
Is it me or are my eyes deceiving me? Am I right in thinking the twins from Neighbours Christina and Caroline are on Take Your Pick right now?

You are spot on.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
I see Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Series 2 is being shown on True Entertainment from Saturday 18th August 9.00pm, and is on concurrently as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on Challenge at 10pm??

Seems an odd scheduling decision and an odd programme to show on a channel that usually shows Taggart and The Waltons??
TT
TellyTime
I see Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Series 2 is being shown on True Entertainment from Saturday 18th August 9.00pm, and is on concurrently as Who Wants To Be A Millionaire on Challenge at 10pm??

Seems an odd scheduling decision and an odd programme to show on a channel that usually shows Taggart and The Waltons??

It's part of True Entertainment evolving into the Sony Channel, where Sony will be exploiting their catalogue of programmes including Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Charlie’s Angels, Starsky & Hutch and T.J. Hooker.

It will be showing Classic Who Wants to Be a Millionaire episodes, while Challenge is showing Celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in that slot.
JA
JAS84
That's dumb, why have different episodes of the same show on two channels at the same time? All that does is split the potential audience.
BH
BillyH Founding member
About a decade ago Challenge and Ftn/Virgin One were showing Bullseye at the same time. Adding Challenge +1 you could watch three different episodes at once if you wanted.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
About a decade ago Challenge and Ftn/Virgin One were showing Bullseye at the same time. Adding Challenge +1 you could watch three different episodes at once if you wanted.

Remember that Ftn/Virgin One was the Freeview "shop window" for the paywall channels so it didn't really matter as such that it was showing a different episode of the same show.

Of course Ftn was particularly memorable for being incredibly dull and lacklustre as a shop window for the other channels up until the start of 2007 I think it was. At that point they seemed to realise something had to change, so they loaded it with all kinds of things including stuff from Challenge. Ironically enough it closed ten months later, was replaced with Virgin1, which lasted four years and the slot later went to Challenge.
VM
VMPhil
That generated much excitement on TV Forum at the time, particularly the classic episodes of The Krypton Factor.

I used to watch the Most Haunted repeats on Ftn for a laugh, and was amused the other week to find that Real Lives are still showing those old episodes - they’re even in 14:9. (Real Lives was originally Living TV 2).

Newer posts