BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Exactly.
MO
Moz
I really don’t understand why people are so negative and hateful about VD and whether she presents it enough for it to bare her name.

1. She was seriously ill for a while and did diaries for the show, so give her some slack. I don’t remember anyone giving other presenters (who they like) the same amount of criticism.
2. The BBC obviously thought they can’t compete for ratings in certain demographics at that time due to fierce competition, so they produce a programme outside of their comfort zone. I think they should be doing this sort of thing. Outside Source is similar but again people don’t complain here about that because it’s a “serious” show.
3. It and the new graphics don’t quite match up but these are teething problems that only come out on screen. The BBC will fix them, just be patient.

The BBC is there to serve all audiences (certain non-news decisions aside). It’s role is to innovate in programming styles. I don’t see people complaining about shows co hosted from two different parts of the globe, yet the BBC have two. Broadcasters all around the world look up to the BBC. It may not make programmes suitable for everybody but then again who does these days? No broadcaster can expect to please everyone so pay offs are made.

I was just commenting on her graphics. Confused

Oddly for a forum supposed to be about TV presentation though people don't seem to be interested in that.
BB
BBI45
There seems to be a bit of a technical meltdown on BBC News Channel right now. Constantly switching between stills, random camera shots, and the shots intended. Audio levels have also been randomly dropping. There were also problems with the headline sequence about 30 minutes prior.

EDIT: 15:56 and it sounds like a studio shuffle is under way.
Last edited by BBI45 on 8 August 2019 3:57pm
RN
Rolling News
Martine in C at 4.
HB
HarryB
Martine in C at 4.

BBI45 posted:
15:56 and it sounds like a studio shuffle is under way.

Yes, seemed like Ben Bland took over with the news after his business update at 15:50 while Martine swapped studios
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
The Afternoon Live name was dropped on the lower-thirds and wasn't mentioned other than in the sport bulletin after the studio changed.
RA
radiolistener
I really don’t understand why people are so negative and hateful about VD and whether she presents it enough for it to bare her name.

1. She was seriously ill for a while and did diaries for the show, so give her some slack. I don’t remember anyone giving other presenters (who they like) the same amount of criticism.
2. The BBC obviously thought they can’t compete for ratings in certain demographics at that time due to fierce competition, so they produce a programme outside of their comfort zone. I think they should be doing this sort of thing. Outside Source is similar but again people don’t complain here about that because it’s a “serious” show.
3. It and the new graphics don’t quite match up but these are teething problems that only come out on screen. The BBC will fix them, just be patient.

The BBC is there to serve all audiences (certain non-news decisions aside). It’s role is to innovate in programming styles. I don’t see people complaining about shows co hosted from two different parts of the globe, yet the BBC have two. Broadcasters all around the world look up to the BBC. It may not make programmes suitable for everybody but then again who does these days? No broadcaster can expect to please everyone so pay offs are made.

She's done 3 days this week.

Could you imagine Wogan only doing 1 chat show a week when it ran Monday, Wednesday, Friday? People would be saying, why's it called Wogan, he's never there.
RA
radiolistener
Moz posted:

Oddly for a forum supposed to be about TV presentation though people don't seem to be interested in that.

Isn't the presenter also presentation?
CI
cityprod
Moz posted:

On one level, yes, the presenter is part of the presentation, but here, that tends to be a separate issue rather than relating to the presentation, which tends to be the everything other than the content, which is mainly the graphics, the title sequences, the set design, the music, everything that surrounds the presenter who is presenting the content.
RA
radiolistener
The presentation is on the fact that the show is called VD and that VD is rarely there. Hence the presentation of this programme is totally inaccurate.
MO
Moz
Moz posted:

I'll just leave this here...

PE
Pete Founding member
Outside Source is similar but again people don’t complain here about that because it’s a “serious” show.

I could use many words to describe Outside Source. Serious is not one of them.
Spencer, GMc and chevron gave kudos

Newer posts