Requests

BBC News Themes Index - PRIZES 4 PACKAGES

(December 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Capybara
Bail posted:
And thats why I won't be sharing any more... Upload, then its instantly on youtube or mega or who knows where.

Has sending links only through PM on request worked or is it still stolen from there?
MW
Mike W
Bail posted:
And thats why I won't be sharing any more... Upload, then its instantly on youtube or mega or who knows where.

Has sending links only through PM on request worked or is it still stolen from there?

The issue is I found, when dealing via PM, people will send on a track you've sent them for another track or package they really want. Eventually it will wind up invariably posted on here or on YouTube by someone totally different to who you originally sent it to.

I put up a few tracks with 'watermarks' edited into the audio, so the 2 people that got that track say come unstuck when I notice said track on here or YouTube with the little glitch or subtle edit only I know is there is audible in it.

It's not like people who share music have any rights over the stuff, we don't - it's more that we do the leg work or have the prerequisite contacts or rapport with others to obtain it and don't want to burn our bridges. David Lowe for instance has a virtually zero-tolerance sharing policy now as people have taken the mick and the BBC weren't happy (even threatened not paying him at one stage AIUI) because a full package to one of the BBC News tracks was sent to someone who immediately put it on YouTube and had monetised the video and the BBC contacted that person who said the composer sent it him. Before then he was quite forthcoming with music/information and sneak previews of upcoming tracks/remixes.

EDIT: Fully vented
Last edited by Mike W on 8 August 2019 8:51am - 2 times in total
VM
VMPhil
I’m not sure why people, to this day, still don’t seem to understand all of what you’ve said above, Mike.

When people share their files on here, we should be very grateful, and realise that immediately putting them on YouTube or other forums will reduce the likelihood of people sharing more in the future.
AZ
Azerty
I’m not sure why people, to this day, still don’t seem to understand all of what you’ve said above, Mike.

When people share their files on here, we should be very grateful, and realise that immediately putting them on YouTube or other forums will reduce the likelihood of people sharing more in the future.

Many people have stopped sharing files, it has had very serious trust abuse!
VM
VMPhil
It’s why MHP Private Parts is still going strong.
AZ
Azerty
It’s why the MHP Private Parts are still going strong.

it's a matter of trust and copyright no PM
NB
NicB1971
It's sad that there are some selfish, arrogant people on here who ruin it for others who have a genuine and long-standing interest (and/or involvement) in television. A few seem to take things for granted, that it is their "right" to have certain clean, unedited and/or unbroadcast themes. It's great when golden nuggets turn up and we should share carefully and selectively, without them being ripped on to YT or wherever where no-one gives a flying fig about them other than how many "likes" they get and they are copied over and over again.

As Mike W says, some have built up good links with broadcasters, others "in the know" and the actual composers. Those who flout the good nature and camaraderie of this Forum, and MHP PP, should be shamed and banned.

We know there are particular themes that will never see the light of day, such as from iconic 1970s/80s shows. No doubt some exist but were acquired through dubious practices - opportunities too good to miss.

We all have a wishlist and dream of those golden nuggets... don't spoil it for others by ripping off others.

Here endeth rant
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Those who flout the good nature and camaraderie of this Forum, and MHP PP, should be shamed and banned.

Or alternatively:

(perhaps not Smile)

Newer posts