The Gallery

The X Factor: The Stars Opening Title Concept

My idea of what the new titles for the revamped show could look like. (August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
0W
0w3n
I have been learning how to use Apple Motion 5 and got the idea to make a set of titles for what The X Factor celeb edition could look like. In recent years (2016 onwards) the 'outer space' theme has been scrapped but I think this was well-suited for the show so decided to revamp the theme whilst still keeping the planets in the opening.
I originally planned to end with a zoom into the UK on Earth as it is in the 2011 titles but this proved very difficult using Apple's Motion 5 so I instead decided to end with a shot of the rotating Earth and then a fade to shots of London then the studio.
Please note I have only been using Motion for about 2 weeks so still getting to grips with it. I hope you like my take on X Factor celeb edition (I called it X Factor: The Stars in the titles) and look forward to receiving feedback - hopefully this is better than my previous mock!

P.S: Apologies for the 360p vid at the end, was the only good shots of London at night I could find along with a cut to the studios.

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Considering you've completely ignored the two pieces of feedback you received on your last mock, I'm loathe to pass comment on this...
Ittr, lukeshep and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Considering that’s the old studio in Wembley and there’s footage of the new studio on the official X Factor YouTube channel, you need to scrap this and go back to the drawing board. Look at the other XF mock in The Gallery first.
JO
Jon
I think that’s the least of the issues.
JO
Josh
Looks more of a sitcom title sequence than the X Factor
UB
UBox
Agree with other members that you haven't really developed on the feedback of your previous mock. It just needs rethinking really like why would we have the names of the 4 judges on screen in a pretty random place while Dermot is in view? Doesn't make sense.
0W
0w3n
Considering that’s the old studio in Wembley and there’s footage of the new studio on the official X Factor YouTube channel, you need to scrap this and go back to the drawing board. Look at the other XF mock in The Gallery first.

This mock was meant to be adapting the 2011 titles rather than the 2004-2007 ones.
0W
0w3n
Jon posted:
I think that’s the least of the issues.

Please explain rather than being vague
0W
0w3n
UBox posted:
Agree with other members that you haven't really developed on the feedback of your previous mock. It just needs rethinking really like why would we have the names of the 4 judges on screen in a pretty random place while Dermot is in view? Doesn't make sense.

I'll be sure to remove the judges from the starting credits. Beginning to think the starting credits are pointless
LL
Larry the Loafer
Josh posted:
Looks more of a sitcom title sequence than the X Factor

"Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state. Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started, wait..."
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I will admit giving it opening credits makes it look American.
Brekkie, Ste and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
0w3n posted:

This mock was meant to be adapting the 2011 titles rather than the 2004-2007 ones.

I’m talking about the new studio that’s been used since 2017 in Acton, West London. Hence the words ‘old studio in Wembley’

Newer posts