TV Home Forum

Strictly Come Dancing | 2019

Rylan Joins the Presenting Line-Up (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Rylan Clark-Neal is to join the presenting line up of Strictly It Takes Two. He will work alongside Zoe Ball in the role.

Does this mean he's given up ITV This Morning?
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 5 August 2019 2:55pm
JO
Jon
Rylan Clark-Neal is to join the presenting line up of Strictly It Takes Two. He will work alongside Zoe Ball in the role.

Does this mean he's given up ITV This Morning?

Why would it mean that?

He does seem to be becoming a BBC face/voice now.

I wonder how that is going to work will they co-presenting or Zoe presenting some days Rylan others? Maybe the article which wasn’t linked would shed some light?

Edit: It seems he’ll be co-hosting.
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a27189040/rylan-clark-neal-strictly-come-dancing-it-takes-two-new-host-zoe-ball/

I’m guessing he won’t be on Xtra Factor if he was still on that or if it will continue to be a thing this year.
RE
Reece24
From listening to the announcement on Zoe Ball's Breakfast Show this morning, the reason Zoe gave for needing a 'co-host' is because she can't commit to doing Radio and ITT Mon-Fri, so Rylan will present the show solo some days. They may present as a duo on a Friday since that's a live and extended show? But I think one of them will do Mon and Tue (Tue are usually recorded on Mon), and the other Wed and Thurs (Thurs recorded on Wed).

Rylan will probably continue with This Morning, he only really does it once every few months - or regularly in the Summer.

Xtra Factor has been axed and hasn't aired since 2016.
AG
AxG
I thought this was a thread to say that Rylan would be the new judge replacing Dame Darcey. Confused
Lou Scannon and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
AxG posted:
I thought this was a thread to say that Rylan would be the new judge replacing Dame Darcey. Confused

He is nothing like a Dame.
Nothing in the World.

109 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
Ok, so we all know Mike Bushell from BBC News.

But, who are the others? Shocked
HB
HarryB
Ok, so we all know Mike Bushell from BBC News.

But, who are the others? Shocked

Yeah right, they're rubbish contestants.
JA
james-2001
I always feel using Youtubers as "celebrities" is scraping the barrel.
TI
TIGHazard

I disagree. But only because these people are actually popular amongst people who are ditching TV to solely watch youtube.
BR
Brekkie

I did until they added that Vicountess and claimed she is a celebrity chef.
DV
DVB Cornwall

Fed up with this argument, many of them surpass numbers watched on mainstream television by a distance (and that’s from someone wholly outside the youtubers demographic) Indeed I find some interesting enough to follow on social media.

Onwards.
MA
Markymark

Fed up with this argument, many of them surpass numbers watched on mainstream television by a distance (and that’s from someone wholly outside the youtubers demographic) Indeed I find some interesting enough to follow on social media.

Onwards.

SCD used to have a mix of slebs that had a wide overall appeal, my mother (88 ) has given up with it, and myself and Mrs MM (mid 50s) can take it or leave it. It just feels like a another BBC product that is skewing itself to a younger market

Newer posts