The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RN
Rolling News
Moz posted:
No numbers on the countdown (if it still is a countdown with no numbers) at 9 and 11. Missed 10 so not sure about that.

No numbers at 10.

EDIT: or at 12.
Last edited by Rolling News on 2 August 2019 12:36pm
MO
Moz
Hmm. Wonder what’s up.
MO
Moz
Anyone know what this is about?

DE
deejay
That’s bits of equipment being connected to a new Mosart system which Chris is in the process of setting up. Essentially Green means mosart can see it, red means it can’t. That can either be because it’s offline or manually been put into standby mode by mosart.
RK
Rkolsen
That’s bits of equipment being connected to a new Mosart system which Chris is in the process of setting up. Essentially Green means mosart can see it, red means it can’t. That can either be because it’s offline or manually been put into standby mode by mosart.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but would Viz Opus be a good way to launch HD broadcasts from the regions. It has 8 HD-SDI inputs, connect it to a Black Magic Router, new cameras and some Ravens for set playout and you would be good to go. It would cut down on a lot of the expenses if they went the piecemeal or HD equivalent of VILOR.
MO
Moz

Cheers deejay - so is the new Mosart system going to do something different, or is it just like for like replacement?
MO
Moz
OK, so Reith has been on air on the Channel for a few weeks now. I really like them but still have a few niggles, which if I was in charge I'd sort like this...

Victoria Derbyshire - graphics were a car crash when they were Reithed, now they're even worse. The white strap on top of the News Channel graphics is a mess. So, I'd make them much more like the BBC News graphics, with a purple twist:

Story graphics on Channel

Name graphics on Two

Channel

The Breaking News strap is too much as it is so I'd introduce a bit of transparency:

Finally, and not sure about this, I'd make the Sport bullet point yellow:

hyhzz, BBI45 and Ittr gave kudos
MD
mdtauk
Moz posted:

Story graphics on Channel

Name graphics on Two

I do like the purple replacing the black, this is also a solution for shows like Andrew Marr and Newsnight.

Moz posted:
The Breaking News strap is too much as it is so I'd introduce a bit of transparency:

I disagree with Breaking News needing transparency, but if you have to do it, it needs to be very very subtle, like 95% Opacity
AG
AxG
Yeah I think it's a bit too transparent.
HA
harshy Founding member
I am sorry but the bbc news new lower sucks it should be like the nine on bbc Scotland with a ticker.
CR
Critique
AlexS posted:
They've been in the secondary studio the few times I've seen bulletins over the past few days so either there is some work ongoing in the main studio or something else needs the space.

I could be wrong but think this is that they've been doing:

Don't remember it looking like that a few days ago, think it looks quite nice but probably would have been better without the BBC Sport logo. For those who've forgotten, this is what it looked like previously (image courtesy of JK08):

Did they ever update the font on the old one, or did it remain as Gotham for a good year after BBC Sport went to Reith?
:-(
A former member
Ridiculous that such a great set is used for the odd sports bulletin whereas the pokey room upstairs is deemed acceptable for a national breakfast show.

Newer posts