TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Swimmers are still alive and well in the Midlands introducing the news. Good grief :/
WW
WW Update
Swimmers are still alive and well in the Midlands introducing the news.

I wonder what cyber-archaeologists will think if they stumble on this post a century from now.
:-(
A former member
Swimmers are still alive and well in the Midlands introducing the news.

I wonder what cyber-archaeologists will think if they stumble on this post a century from now.

To be fair, they’ll think this is nothing if they’ve already read the post about Jaron Brass pronouncing tooth as “tuth”.
BR
Brekkie
Swimmers are still alive and well in the Midlands introducing the news. Good grief :/

Even when they're reporting that swimmers aren't alive and well, as can be the case (and has been elsewhere) in the summer.
NA
natwel27

If the cold morning sea can't kill them then nothing can.
Sh1ruba, Capybara and Brekkie gave kudos
VM
VMPhil
Slightly odd fault on Virgin Media this morning, in the North West region at least. BBC One North West on 101 is broadcasting in 4:3, with Breakfast and regional opts in 16:9 letterbox. As I have my box set up to show 4:3 programmes with pillar boxing, this means it has the postage stamp effect. Freeview is unaffected so this seems to be a cable-only problem. HD is unaffected of course.
VM
VMPhil
Slightly odd fault on Virgin Media this morning, in the North West region at least. BBC One North West on 101 is broadcasting in 4:3, with Breakfast and regional opts in 16:9 letterbox. As I have my box set up to show 4:3 programmes with pillar boxing, this means it has the postage stamp effect. Freeview is unaffected so this seems to be a cable-only problem. HD is unaffected of course.

Well, this has been fixed today, but it appears it’s because the feed has been switched from MPEG2 to MPEG4, which Virgin are currently in the process of doing with all their channels.

Someone on Cable Forum has spotted that an HD version of BBC One North West may be about to launch…

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showpost.php?p=36004674&postcount=130
RO
Rofters

Well, this has been fixed today, but it appears it’s because the feed has been switched from MPEG2 to MPEG4, which Virgin are currently in the process of doing with all their channels.

Someone on Cable Forum has spotted that an HD version of BBC One North West may be about to launch…

Oooh. It’s about time the regions went HD.
MA
Markymark

I woundn't get too excited, I'm not sure where (in the BBC/VM handover point) an HD version of BBC 1 NW would be available from ?
LS
Lou Scannon

9 years since BBC One HD launched, it's been "about time" for ages. It'll probably happen just after Elvis Presley's comeback tour...
paul_hadley and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Probably only take 3-4 regions to cover half of England.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

I woundn't get too excited, I'm not sure where (in the BBC/VM handover point) an HD version of BBC 1 NW would be available from ?

If VM wanted to it shouldn't be too difficult for them to provide a circuit from BBC Salford to the local head end and have it fed with the output of the local opt switch? (Technically rather than BBC politically, anyway)

Newer posts