The Newsroom

BBC World News: Reith look onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
The bbc news countdown a split second of it shows up on world news still it showed me that the bbc news logo is properly rendered on their countdown whilst the world one looks like it’s been slightly upscaled and has the wrong shade of red...
IL
i-lied
Going back to Newsday quickly, couldn’t they put a clock up in the same area where BBC News has one after two rounds of the flipper with “bbc.com/news” where the flipper is and to the right of it, the name of the place the clock is referring to? It doesn’t have to always be present but occasional time checks would be nice to have again
RK
Rkolsen
How often do unedited packages from the regions air on World? I just watched one about the heritage steam trains at risk with the UK becoming collateral damage as coal production in the UK ends. It tagged out “Nina Warhurst, North West Tonight”.
DE
deejay
How often do unedited packages from the regions air on World? I just watched one about the heritage steam trains at risk with the UK becoming collateral damage as coal production in the UK ends. It tagged out “Nina Warhurst, North West Tonight”.

Not often, but on editorial merit. The SOC (Standard Out Cue) is usually edited off if a Generic BBC News one hasn’t been requested.
UK
UKNewsHound
Quite a few packages from BBC Scotland’s The Nine have been used in recent months. They use a generic BBC News out cue anyway.
RK
Rkolsen

Not often, but on editorial merit. The SOC (Standard Out Cue) is usually edited off if a Generic BBC News one hasn’t been requested.

There really wasn’t much reason why they couldn’t cut off after her name. It all just was B-Roll and a city name I couldn’t make out.
IS
Inspector Sands
They always sound a bit odd if they're cut off after the last sentence or edited.

Best either left or record several versions. I remember getting packages with several tacked on the end for different regions. There of course you have to make sure the others are edited off in case it ends up going out with two
GM
GMc
I'm surprised they haven't went the same was as ITV regions, signing off with simply "ITV News". Maybe, through time they will.
NG
noggin Founding member
GMc posted:
I'm surprised they haven't went the same was as ITV regions, signing off with simply "ITV News". Maybe, through time they will.

I'm not. I think the BBC sees the regional news brands and audience recognition as a strong and valuable resource.
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Of course they did try this with the 1999/2000 rebrand when the regions went corporate. Over the shoulder graphics and outcues were just “BBC News” but this was soon relaxed.
BB
BBC WORLD 24
rob posted:
Today marks the 1st anniversary of the passing of the great Alastair Yates.

Here's an almost complete bulletin of news from 2005.

Always remembered, never forgotten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2o4R9JtAHM

What the? I never knew he had passed. ☹️

Me neither. How sad. Favourite presenter of all time. True professional.
MA
Markymark

That's alright, it refers to North West Europe (terms and conditions apply)

Newer posts