TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Ah thanks. Hadn't noticed before, maybe the differential has been would up a notch or two. Looks great in service. Does anyone know when we might expect the big screen apps to add Ultimate? Before Sunday or Saturday Week or later?
GE
thegeek Founding member
You should be able to expect HDR on the big screen apps in Sunday.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Been waiting for the promised addition of 4K that should look magnificent on AppleTV.
BR
Brekkie
Have BT announced any changes in programming to reflect the Premier League games being back in the lunchtime kick-off slot?
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Is it my imagination but is the level of opacity of the new DOG being used differently with live and replay/recorded content? I think that the DOG is brighter and opaque on Live content. whereas it appears duller and less obvious on non live programming. If not I may need to go to Specsavers.

Yep, used to be the case with the previous bugs as well but perhaps a bit more obvious with the new logo.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Some slight changes to the graphics on last night's speedway - the look is generally the same, but the corners aren't rounded any more, and the animation style is probably best described as 'glitchy'.

Blake Connolly and Brekkie gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
Have BT announced any changes in programming to reflect the Premier League games being back in the lunchtime kick-off slot?

Lunchtime kick-off? You mean "early kick-off" Smile
BR
Brekkie
New logo doesn't look great stacked on the app icon.
NW
nwtv2003

Eurgh...
Larry the Loafer and Brekkie gave kudos
PF
PFML84
I don't see anything wrong with it, personally.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member

Lunchtime kick-off? You mean "early kick-off" Smile

Incidentally you'll see there that Just Eat are new sponsors, but Bet365 are still continuing as sponsors as well.

All to do with the new betting advertising rules which start tomorrow, will be interesting to see exactly how it all plays out. Football is one of the more straightforward ones really, but the 'whistle-to-whistle' rules apply to all pre-watershed sport, so five minutes before the first ball to five minutes after the last ball in cricket and so on.
JO
Jon
I don't see anything wrong with it, personally.

Yes, in terms of implementing the logo into an app icon Iā€™m not sure what else you could do with it other than omitting the word sport?

Newer posts