TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Joe
Hibernating

60 days later

GE
thegeek Founding member
Fans of a certain vintage of CBBC pres may find this news of interest:
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Interesting little character that Oucho, very similar I thought personality wise to Otis The Aardvark.
MU
Multi
Not sure if this will be of any interest to anybody here.

Paulsen/Ottestad/Wilkie - Children's BBC
JF
JetixFann450
Multi posted:

Complete with "Tell that aardvark it's a wrap!" Wink
TC
TCOTV
I ended up babysitting today and I hadn’t realised it was the BBC summer social which is the new name for CBBC Live apparently. So we ended up watching the mash up summer social special. At the end they said they would be back for a new series in the new year. I guess this means no more mash up this autumn. Is it being replaced? Is cracker jacks moving to a Saturday?
MA
madmusician
Multi posted:

Ahhhhh been looking for this for *years* - very many thanks indeed!
VM
VMPhil
Multi posted:

This is just a bad composite of a low quality clip of the start of the ident mixed in with the end credits theme stolen from this video.
MA
madmusician
Multi posted:

This is just a bad composite of a low quality clip of the start of the ident mixed in with the end credits theme stolen from this video.

Interesting - I ripped that YouTube video years ago to have that closer in my collection. Seems like the holy grail (i.e. a totally clean version of that closer) hasn't been discovered then...
MU
Multi
Multi posted:

Afraid that’s all it probably is. Clearing out old USBs I thought I’d share it. Listening back properly that’s what it sounds like.
BU
buster
The You Tube clip itself would be entirely clean if Toby Anstis had shut up earlier! Very Happy

It is interesting that the suite of music was used for "Children's BBC Two" back in 1989/1990ish, then brought back and remixed when the original 1991 relaunch music was pulled off air after about 6 months.

15 days later

NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Spotted this reported on the Express & Star which doesn't seem to have been picked up by any mainstream news provider apart from the Metro and a BBC Breakfast tie in link for the Express:

Children’s TV channel CBBC has caused online debate after it ranked their popular shows, in a tier ranging from “legend” to “hmmm”.

Among the top shows CBBC picked were game show 50/50, series Dick And Dom In Da Bungalow, and Horrible Histories. Ranking worst were Dennis The Menace and children’s news programme Newsround.

Posting the diagram to Twitter, the channel asked: “Did we get it right?”

Newer posts