The Newsroom

BBC World News: Reith look onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Newsday titles also Reithed now.
EY
the eye
They’ve changed the intro a bit too, looks lower quality aswell
HA
harshy Founding member
All the business titles since it got reithed dont look good either, it’s out of sync with the music, and it’s lost the flashing square animation as well Sad
LL
London Lite Founding member
IL
i-lied
Newsday was already Reithed from day 1 of the look.

Although I’m missing the scrolling clock. I thought it was useful.
Ittr, SuperSajuuk and BBI45 gave kudos
SS
SuperSajuuk
Newsday was already Reithed from day 1 of the look.

Although I’m missing the scrolling clock. I thought it was useful.

I agree, the flipper clock was quite useful. Hopefully they bring it back on the new graphics.
TM
tmorgan96
They still haven't fixed the inconsistency of the font kerning and weight between London and Singapore in the opening titles... this was a problem before Reith.

Very lacking in attention to detail.
HA
harshy Founding member
They seemed to have nailed the animations except for the program title flying round on its own.
RK
Rkolsen
I’ve noticed during World News America and the rerun during Beyond 100 Days their ticker just says bbc.com/news. Additionally it appears Beyond 100 Days repeat (which is simulcast in some areas on PBS) is edited where the BBC World News logo stays on the bottom and doesn’t move when the Chyron moves upward.
MA
Martin Founding member
Pre-Reith the BBC World News logo would appear on these simulcasts but without an accompanying ticker.

These new graphics seem to highlight the inconsistencies of things like this and the Singapore opt much more than previously. Will the average viewer notice... probably not, but just an observation.
FF
FactorFiles
They still haven't fixed the inconsistency of the font kerning and weight between London and Singapore in the opening titles...

That style with the orange bar marching off to the right of screen doesn't make sense anymore with the new graphics package. Probably needs something like this:

RO
rob Founding member
Today marks the 1st anniversary of the passing of the great Alastair Yates.

Here's an almost complete bulletin of news from 2005.

Always remembered, never forgotten.

Newer posts