« Topics
itsrobert6,368 posts since 23 Mar 2001
Granada North West Today
The daytime summaries stings looked very odd at the time. As chris says, they were predominantly white with an oval-based animation and they kind of matched the graphics they used in the plasma screens in N6 which were red and white ovals if memory serves me correctly. However, they kept the 1999 red and cream titles for the main bulletins and the weekend lunchtime summaries which then looked out of place with the new set in N6. All very strange and typical of the BBC.
chevron and Brekkie gave kudos
Brekkie32,040 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Outside Source programme slug stuck on over the weather.

I think that’s intended now. Even before Reith, the contact info stayed up during the weather bulletins at 9.25 / 9.55.

But it was actually OVER the weather. You couldn't read the weather graphics.

It's hot!
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
NYTV, Capybara and 4 others
  • Moz
  • SuperSajuuk
  • Juicy Joe
  • BBI45
gave kudos
SuperSajuuk264 posts since 24 Feb 2018
STV North Reporting Scotland
Outside Source programme slug stuck on over the weather.

I think that’s intended now. Even before Reith, the contact info stayed up during the weather bulletins at 9.25 / 9.55.

Yeah, i know. But my point is that it’s been like that for a long time now, not necessarily overlapping things, but the graphics have been on the weather bulletins on OS. I guess they did not compensate for the changes to the formatting of the weather bulletins hence the overlaps.
dvboy9,879 posts since 11 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today

Yeah, i know. But my point is that it’s been like that for a long time now, not necessarily overlapping things, but the graphics have been on the weather bulletins on OS. I guess they did not compensate for the changes to the formatting of the weather bulletins hence the overlaps.

Have they? Can't say I've ever noticed, and I quite often watch OS. The old ticker used to clash with weather graphics also.

Weather graphics were in use during a report for Beyond 100 Days earlier today and they had to take the flipper etc off as it obscured the text, and when it came back it had no headlines so was stuck on the web address for the rest of the show. They really ought to change the weather graphics to avoid a clash then they can run the ticker and clock during the forecasts, especially useful during breaking news.
Watch it and find out.
Moz gave kudos