TV Home Forum

Sony's Shenanigans

3rd refresh of their channels in 18 months (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jon
The logos look nice.

In reality I have no strong opinion on the matter, I'm just trying to get a free kudos.
SH
Sh1ruba
So Sony's trying to compete with Sky Cinema now?
KE
kernow
Following the sale of their music channels last year, the axing of the True Entertainment and True Movies brands will see the end of another legacy of CSC Media under Sony ownership, with the only remaining legacy being the Pop branded channels.
bkman1990 and Rexogamer gave kudos
JA
james-2001
Sony archive shows, so I guess that's another channel Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie will pop up on then.
Rexogamer and Lou Scannon gave kudos
KE
kernow
I wonder if the rebrand will finally lead to this page being updated:

https://www.sonypicturestelevision.com/brand.php?id=19

Half the channels on this page have either been sold off or closed down.
TC
TCOTV
As someone pointed out on another forum truTV UK website is back online. Probably means nothing but interesting.
ZE
zeebre12
No mention of Sony Crime Channel? If it's being shut completely what will Sony do with the channel space/slot?
JA
JAS84
Following the sale of their music channels last year, the axing of the True Entertainment and True Movies brands will see the end of another legacy of CSC Media under Sony ownership, with the only remaining legacy being the Pop branded channels.
I'm surprised those haven't been changed to Sony Kids (Pop), Sony Kids Junior (Tiny Pop) and Sony Kids Action (Pop Max).
Caly123, Sh1ruba and Rexogamer gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
Which version of Millionaire will they be showing? Presumably not the British ones.

It would be interesting to see some foreign versions of their other big format, Dragons Den
HC
Hatton Cross
Presumably the British ones.

Sony own the format via Stellify Media/Two Way Traffic, so when Celador sold the format in 2007 to Sony, usually the back catelogue and archive of episides goes with it.
JO
Jon
I guess it might be the Clarkson as that hasn’t been licensed to Challenge yet.
PF
PFML84
If Sony actually want people to bother watching their channels they need to do more than give them a new name. The picture quality is sub-par SD. Why not get a FTA HD channel in there? Expand their range of movies when possible so their movie channel offerings aren't the same films being shown at different times every week. Less of the TV movie rubbish would help too.

Newer posts