The Newsroom

Tory Leadership Contest

Presentation Discussion (June 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rexogamer
Coverage of the transition of power should take priority over scheduled programming every day of the week...

Agreed. I assume ITV News aren't permitted time in their dreary schedule

You assume wrong.

ITV have a news special tomorrow from 2pm to 5pm

This means Tipping Point has been AXED!

Twitter and The Express go nuts
JK
JKDerry
ITV have cleared their afternoon schedule commencing with the Lunchtime News at 1.30, followed by a three hour news special until 5.00pm on Wednesday.
London Lite and Rexogamer gave kudos
BM
BM11
ITV have cleared their afternoon schedule commencing with the Lunchtime News at 1.30, followed by a three hour news special until 5.00pm on Wednesday.

Sounds like BBC and ITV have been sent timings and expect that Boris will have finished his speech and entered N.10 by 5pm
MA
Macalolo

Lunchtime news with Lucrezia Millarini and Nina Hossain with the special.
RO
Ronant
BBC One have cleared their afternoon schedule for tomorrow, running from the One O'Clock News, the special coverage starts at 1.45pm and is scheduled to end at 5.15pm on Wednesday.

BBC News Special presented by Huw Edwards in Downing Street and Sophie Raworth at Buckingham Palace.
YO
yogibarney

Lunchtime news with Lucrezia Millarini and Nina Hossain with the special.

No doubt the Lunchtime news will be studio based and Nina will be in Downing Street or College Green for the special.
RE
reubz
Excuse my naivety but I thought the date of the PM appointment was expected? If so why the changing of TV schedules for anticipated news coverage ??
MI
m_in_m
reubz posted:
Excuse my naivety but I thought the date of the PM appointment was expected? If so why the changing of TV schedules for anticipated news coverage ??

Date was but presumably timing was unclear.
RE
reubz
Guess so. I suppose I thought the BBC of all people might have known the timings of these events well in advance.
NE
Newsroom
Coverage of the transition of power should take priority over scheduled programming every day of the week...

Agreed. I assume ITV News aren't permitted time in their dreary schedule

You assume wrong.

ITV have a news special tomorrow from 2pm to 5pm

This means Tipping Point has been AXED!

I was referring to today’s announcement.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ did not have the Tory Leadership contest as their top story today. They were covering the homecoming of Shane Lowry from Clara in County Offaly on the 6.1 News, an RTÉ News Now special & 9 O'Clock News. RTÉ did put out two reports & two correspondents for live OB's on Boris Johnson's election as Conservative Leader today. One from London which was Sean Whelan & one from Leinster House in Dublin which was Mícheál Lehane.
JW
JamesWorldNews
"Moron Boris Johnson........." versus "more on Boris Johnson........"

I love Jane Hill. (I presume it was Jane's voice I heard?)

Newer posts