TV Home Forum

UKTV Split terms agreed

BBC keep Seven, Discovery get Good Food, Home and Really. (April 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
Related ...

Discovery have started to extend the scope of QuestOD.

Food Network and DMAX have been added today, with more to come.
SH
Sh1ruba
Related ...

Discovery have started to extend the scope of QuestOD.

Food Network and DMAX have been added today, with more to come.

They may as well rename the service as DPlay, to be line with countries like Norway, Spain and Denmark to name a few
TT
TellyTime
I wonder when Really and Home content will move across too, as their programmes are currently still on UKTV Play.
KE
kernow
I wonder when Really and Home content will move across too, as their programmes are currently still on UKTV Play.

Home content might move across when the rebrand to HGTV takes place.
DB
dbl

It's still a transition period.
AD
adamiow
Hopefully, if they are going to expand it, they will launch QuestOD on connected TVs.

18 days later

TT
TellyTime
On the 24th July Discovery will shunt Good Food to the bottom of the EPG on Sky, moving it from the prominent slot 133 to their lowest slot 198.

At the same time TLC, Food Network, DMAX and Travel Channel will all get promoted.

This signals the beginning of the end for Good Food.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-on/Changes-to-the-Sky-TV-Guide-July-2019/ba-p/3024909
ZE
zeebre12
Why are they promoting Travel Channel? All it is is a repeats channel isn't it? At least Good Food has some first-run shows. The Travel Channel in the US has also rebranded as a more paranormal channel now so no real link for programming for the UK channel?

52 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Really and Home content has today appeared on Discovery's iOS QuestOD app.
TT
TellyTime

'If you're here to Catch Up on your favourite shows or binge on Box Sets, you can do this from late October.'
MI
TheMike

'If you're here to Catch Up on your favourite shows or binge on Box Sets, you can do this from late October.'

22nd October, apparently.
FG
FraserGJ
Good Food closed just before 6am - cut straight to a Ericsson colour bars/test card plus tone - surprised they didn't put up a slide about tuning to Food Network...

Last full length show to air was 'Choccywoccydoodah' at 5am but a short 'Food Odyssey' show aired just before 6am. After that 2 trails - 'Rachel Khoo: My Swedish Kitchen' on Food Network followed by one for 'Levison Wood: Walking the Nile' on Discovery, then a few seconds of black before the test card...

Newer posts