The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jarv
Liking everything I have seen today so far, just need to see how pushback looks on the news channel
MW
Mike W
Seb posted:
So the headline text from the News Channel now appearing on the national headline sequence.

The headline text was also included in the regional headline opts too - the red box changed from BBC News to BBC London.

All regions are going to do this apparently, though it would be interesting to see how regions with antiquated equipment handle the headline sequence.
RO
rob Founding member
WO
Worzel
Seb posted:
So the headline text from the News Channel now appearing on the national headline sequence.

The headline text was also included in the regional headline opts too - the red box changed from BBC News to BBC London.

All regions are going to do this apparently, though it would be interesting to see how regions with antiquated equipment handle the headline sequence.

The text, complete with black shadow fades on and off.
MW
Mike W
Seb posted:

The text, complete with black shadow fades on and off.

I saw the Look Leeds version on the iPlayer, it doesn't look that great and they probably shouldn't bother.

Interestingly Midlands Today have updated their virtual backdrop to fit the new endboard in (and yes it does animate)

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
I had a look through most of the regions, some just have them static and others just fade them in and out
Look Hull managed to get them animated, however not as smooth as the national.

CU
Custard56
As someone who watches with subtitles, it's annoying that the live subtitling almost completely covers the new captions.
MW
Mike W
I had a look through most of the regions, some just have them static and others just fade them in and out
Look Hull managed to get them animated, however not as smooth as the national.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpn2-3qYfU0

I note the bar on the left is thicker, I'll assume these aren't generated live and are edited prior to transmission.

Birmingham's effort seems to match the width of the national's 'bar'.
SE
Seb
Ooh very nice new titles for BBC London - South East Today music remix
RO
rob Founding member
FI
finty6
No change for Newsline. Same old font, same titles, same everything! Rolling Eyes
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Oh... apparently Hull can animate their headline straps, but still not the name straps

Newer posts