TV Home Forum

New BBC corporate font: BBC Reith

To replace Gill Sans in print and on screen (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Sorry if I took things out of perspective everyone. Just a thought! Embarassed
Ittr, BBI45 and Woodpecker gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
Moz posted:
Anyone any idea if the News website will change tomorrow too? And the app, Twitter profile pictures etc?

It is possible because the 15th of July is the day of the BBC's rebranding to Reith. The company's slowly changing from Helvetica and Gill Sans to BBC Reith Sans and Serif and so will it's news, sport, children's block, channels, etc. So Twitter will eventually come. Smile

Thanks for that. I was wondering what all the fuss was about.

I suppose it'll be similar to the January 2007 relaunch of BBC News. No spectacular studio changes, just new graphics, new font (obviously), and potentially new music and titles. I'm now ridiculously excited beyond words.
VM
VMPhil
I suppose it'll be similar to the January 2007 relaunch of BBC News. No spectacular studio changes, just new graphics, new font (obviously), and potentially new music and titles.

And ditched twelve months later for something far inferior that will last for five years?
WO
Woodpecker
I suppose it'll be similar to the January 2007 relaunch of BBC News. No spectacular studio changes, just new graphics, new font (obviously), and potentially new music and titles.

And ditched twelve months later for something far inferior that will last for five years?

Of which the titles will last a further six years?
GT
GilboTeleBox
Was very disappointed that there was no mention on the BBC News at Ten of the new graphics tomorrow. Ho hum. If it’s coming, it’s coming.
WO
Woodpecker
Was very disappointed that there was no mention on the BBC News at Ten of the new graphics tomorrow. Ho hum. If it’s coming, it’s coming.

They're not going to mention a set of new graphics - such things will only appeal to those of us who read and post on here. If it were a complete rebrand - I'm talking set, graphics, titles, music, the lot - then maybe they would say something - but a new set of graphics isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, and certainly not something the general public would consciously take notice of.
itsrobert, DeMarkay and Custard56 gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
Coming up at 11pm on the News Channel - the last time the titles will air in its current form.
Ittr, Custard56 and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
What time and where am I tuning in tomorrow to see Reith?
MO
Moz

5am BBC World News.
RN
Rolling News

08:58:30 on the BBC News Channel you will see the new countdown, and from then forward everything will be in Reith!
GT
GilboTeleBox
Well if I must say I didn’t think Reith would be implemented on the news channel so late. I would have thought mid 2018, a year after it was slowly phased in.
CU
Custard56
I have to say it, in honour of Moz: one more sleep!

(Although part of me is preparing for an anti-clinax tomorrow. "It's only a font. It's only a font...")

Newer posts