« Topics
Run_Telecine27 posts since 29 Jan 2016
Meridian (South East) South East Today
A real shame how that was done on BBC Four. Just after they were discussing the explosion and it faded into Wimbledon. No ident, announcement or anything.

Just seems to show so little respect for viewers watching the channel at the time Sad

Indeed. I was watching the Shuttle documentary, and it cut without warning or caption to the Tennis. As Asa says, during the discussion about the Shuttle explosion in '86.
Markymark7,303 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
A real shame how that was done on BBC Four. Just after they were discussing the explosion and it faded into Wimbledon. No ident, announcement or anything.

Just seems to show so little respect for viewers watching the channel at the time Sad

And actually little respect for the hideous incident that the BBC 4 documentary was relating !
Rich Tea549 posts since 16 Apr 2017 Recently warned
Anglia (West) Look East
I'm astounded that they actually tore into that Horizon programme on BBC4 after about 20 minutes without warning. I'd presumed they'd been doing the tennis since 8pm in readiness to change over. So in one stroke they have managed to disrespect viewers on both BBC2 and BBC4 in one go. Impressive.

Anyone would think that BBC schedulers don't get enough practice at channel shuffling every summer with Wimbledon. They have surpassed themselves in incompetence tonight. Yes, we all know and expect a few changes here and there at short notice, but there is one word - INFORM!
japitts gave kudos
Markymark7,303 posts since 13 Dec 2004
Meridian (North) South Today
I'm astounded that they actually tore into that Horizon programme on BBC4 after about 20 minutes without warning. I'd presumed they'd been doing the tennis since 8pm in readiness to change over. So in one stroke they have managed to disrespect viewers on both BBC2 and BBC4 in one go. Impressive.

Anyone would think that BBC schedulers don't get enough practice at channel shuffling every summer with Wimbledon. They have surpassed themselves in incompetence tonight. Yes, we all known and expect a few changes here and there at short notice, but there is one word - INFORM!

Regrettably it’s just ‘content’ to the folk that run the pres/marketing dept, we do seem to have touched on a new low with presentation crassness this evening, which is a terrible shame, because today has been a new high for compelling FTA sports coverage!
Rich Tea gave kudos