The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 2018 Refresh

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Editorial News: Richard Frediani (hitherto programme Editor at ITN) has joined BBC News as the new Editor in Chief of BBC Breakfast.
Colorman and Custard56 gave kudos
CU
Custard56
Editorial News: Richard Frediani (hitherto programme Editor at ITN) has joined BBC News as the new Editor in Chief of BBC Breakfast.

Is Breakfast going to be Reith-ed, so to speak, on Monday? Interesting times ahead for it. Not that I imagine Frediani will be making any drastic changes.
MM
MMcG198
Is Breakfast going to be Reith-ed, so to speak, on Monday? Interesting times ahead for it. Not that I imagine Frediani will be making any drastic changes.

Toasty603 and Custard56 gave kudos
WL
W1LL

That looks hideous. The font needs a much bigger weight.
MO
Moz

It’s much much better with the lighter weight. More subtle for the early morning. Matches the horizon too.

Love it.
MD
mdtauk

The BBC should be centred above Breakfast, if it's centred on the screen.

Also the word Breakfast in all caps looks awkward to me, and mixed case would look better in Reith IMO
JO
Joe

I would suspect that at least some of this may be from unfamiliarity, without intending to be condescending. It looks a little odd to me too, but I think in time it will come to look less 'hideous', perhaps. All subjective, of course.
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
Worth noting that the changes to Breakfast won't be happening until Tuesday according to James Mobbs...

HA
harshy Founding member
That looks bad that bbc Reith breakfast, too thin.
Ittr and theTOTHlad2002 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
That looks bad that bbc Reith breakfast, too thin.

Yes, they should probably delay the implementation of the font across the BBC and go back to the drawing board. This is clearly what happens when you rush the roll out of a new font. Wink
LL
London Lite Founding member
So it looks like the implementation of Reith won't happen until 8.30 on the NC during Biz Live?
IT
Ittr
So it looks like the implementation of Reith won't happen until 8.30 on the NC during Biz Live?

Either 8:30, or when the full new countdown plays out at 8:58:30

Newer posts