TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Do Tim and Simon ever go on a summer break? They seem to be on all year round but I don't watch it all the time it just seems like that lol

AFAIK they record at least one Sunday edition (to air around Christmas, possibly one for Easter too), they tend to have a few weeks off where guest chefs fill in and presenters join Tim or Simon, for example a few weeks ago Simon had the Sunday off and Tom Allen filled in on presenting duties.
JO
Jon
Mambo Number 5 being used on the trail for the final!
madmusician and Juicy Joe gave kudos
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Jon posted:
Mambo Number 5 being used on the trail for the final!

Maybe I'm not so "out of touch with modern branding trends"?? Haha!! I was right!! I think it's great that the Channel 4 trailer for the cricket has the original Mambo No. 5 cricket theme music playing in the background. It is such an iconic piece. Shows Channel 4 is serious about their coverage. Whether it will be used somewhere on Sunday remains to be seen?
Last edited by Juicy Joe on 12 July 2019 11:51pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
The Daily Express at if again with Countdown "CANCELLED" and "REPLACED" from a slot it was never going to air in this year. Do they not realise how many pensioners that headline could kill off?

Countdown CANCELLED: Channel 4 game show replaced - Here’s why
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1152645/Countdown-cancelled-channel-4-Formula-1-Rachel-Riley-Nick-Hewer-video/amp
DV
dvboy
Someone at the Express has a strange sense of humour, they always write an article like this when sport displaces the usual schedule.
BK
bkman1990
Jesus; what a twist in one's knickers by the Express. Countdown will be back on Monday as normal. What are they worried about?
IS
Inspector Sands
Like a lot of news websites the 'journalists' are paid by the story and the success of the story is judged by how many hits it gets.

Hence **** articles like that
Lou Scannon and Brekkie gave kudos
JA
james-2001
The Express has hardly ever been the home of quality journalism.
TI
TIGHazard
The Express has hardly ever been the home of quality journalism.

I'm SHOCKED and IN TEARS that you can say that James.
Lou Scannon and james-2001 gave kudos
JO
Josh
I am OUTRAGED and UPSET.
JA
james-2001
Channel 4 should be BANNED and taken OFF AIR.
GE
thegeek Founding member
AXED.

Newer posts