This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Odd-looking CSO background appeared on Wednesday's late Reporting Scotland:

Last edited by scottishtv on 11 July 2019 1:03am
RK
Rkolsen

That’s from Wimbledon’s virtual studio. It’s setup I believe as a turn key interview space for broadcasters, just add logo.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/07/10/wimbledon-virtual-set-2019/
scottishtv and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
BL
bluecortina

That’s from Wimbledon’s virtual studio. It’s setup I believe as a turn key interview space for broadcasters, just add logo.

https://www.newscaststudio.com/2019/07/10/wimbledon-virtual-set-2019/

Yes, I saw it the other day. I think the illusion is spoiled by the somewhat "cartoonish' nature of the background and the poor foreground keying, which to my eye makes the interviewee look like a cardboard cut out.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Yes, it was only a brief clip but enough for me to think "wtf?". The balcony doors left open, but no movement outside or in the background, flowers and fruit are distractions, and a weird white haze on the bottom left. Didn't look great on-screen.

Also, not a single strawberry in sight...
DV
dvboy
Issues with the red button channels 981-986 falling off air briefly this evening, no signal currently being received.
BR
Brekkie
A British pair in the mixed doubles in the QFs versus the French Open Champions and seemingly snubbed by both Wimbledon (they're playing in a half empty Court 2) and the BBC, who haven't even mentioned them as an after thought to the Murray/Serena coverage and they are showing another mixed doubles game on both BBC2 and the red button (I suspect BBC2 will take the mens doubles game that was on BBC1 at the end of this set).
DV
dvboy
Well they did go to it, once the match they were showing reached the end of the set.

Been frustrating to sometimes miss the starts of matches on the red button because they've been slow getting to them and they've not been indicating on the main channels often enough what else is available.
AG
AxG
Now BBC Two are showing the very last few points of the 2008 final between Federer and Nadal.
BR
Brekkie
Games rather than points. Amazing they've not met at Wimbledon since then.
GW
GarWill99
Nadal v Federer not worthy of moving the BBC News at Six to BBC2 I see! I think it comes down to the fact they are not British, although they are two of three GOAT’s. Can guarantee if it was Murray v either of them, that’d have BBC1 priority
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
I've a feeling it probably has more to do with the much-trailed Tory leadership interviews at 7pm, can imagine it'd cause a bit of a fuss if that was moved for the tennis.
DV
DVB Cornwall
No, the clear mover, or actually non mover is Andrew Neil’s interviews. They’d never be moved in the current febrile state of politics. It’s reasonably certain that Fedal will still be going at 7pm. BBC Two for the tennis was a 99pct certainty all along,

Newer posts