« Topics
JamesWorldNews8,302 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
Andrew Neil is rolling out the Reith tonight in his “debate” spectacular on the BBC News Channel.

He’ll be joined by Martine Croxall, who will give news updates and also a review of the debate during The Papers in later hours.

(I use the word “debate” carefully).
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
JKDerry2,035 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
Andrew Neil is rolling out the Reith tonight in his “debate” spectacular on the BBC News Channel.

He’ll be joined by Martine Croxall, who will give news updates and also a review of the debate during The Papers in later hours.

Last night on This Week, Andrew looked really pissed off at one point, when it looked like his autocue failed and he had to ad lib before the start of the review of the week, he was not a happy man, rolling his eyes up when he thought the camera was off him.

I think he can't wait to leave This Week behind for good when it ends this month. I wonder what made him dislike the show?
JamesWorldNews8,302 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News

Last night on This Week, Andrew looked really pissed off at one point, when it looked like his autocue failed and he had to ad lib before the start of the review of the week, he was not a happy man, rolling his eyes up when he thought the camera was off him.

I think he can't wait to leave This Week behind for good when it ends this month. I wonder what made him dislike the show?

Probably Simon McCoy uncovering his stash of Blue Nun.
@JamesWorldNews | Formerly BBC WORLD
bkman1990, Jon and BBI45 gave kudos
UTV Newsline
Sweet God, Andrew Neil is getting on my nerves with this interview with Jeremy Hunt. He is no Jeremy Paxman, but he wants to be. Never lets Jeremy answer properly, and has the arrogant attitude that has stuck with him for the last two decades. Can't wait to see how he tries to rip Boris to shreds.
Gary McEwan3,428 posts since 23 May 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland
Sweet God, Andrew Neil is getting on my nerves with this interview with Jeremy Hunt. He is no Jeremy Paxman, but he wants to be. Never lets Jeremy answer properly, and has the arrogant attitude that has stuck with him for the last two decades. Can't wait to see how he tries to rip Boris to shreds.

But he won't answer a straight question...pretty simple really.
Last edited by Gary McEwan on 12 July 2019 8:47pm
japitts and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
UTV Newsline

But he won't answer a straight answer...pretty simple really.

No, it is Andrew asking him a question, and giving him five seconds to reply and when Jeremy doesn't reply he hacks at him for not answering the question.

His body language is interesting too as Andrew fires his questions to Jeremy without looking at him in the eyes, but looking at the set. Jeremy keeps eye contact with Andrew which looks good on screen (in my opinion of course)
Gary McEwan3,428 posts since 23 May 2011
STV Central Reporting Scotland

But he won't answer a straight answer...pretty simple really.

No, it is Andrew asking him a question, and giving him five seconds to reply and when Jeremy doesn't reply he hacks at him for not answering the question.

His body language is interesting too as Andrew fires his questions to Jeremy without looking at him in the eyes, but looking at the set. Jeremy keeps eye contact with Andrew which looks good on screen (in my opinion of course)

He's a Yes Man. Clearly he's well rehearsed those answers.

I'd be getting bloody annoyed if someone didn't give a straight answer to the question I asked.

I'd get the hump as well. Must be a West Coast trait...
bilky asko5,562 posts since 9 Sep 2006
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
I would have preferred Paxman doing these interviews rather than Neil. Neil is fine on This Week (when he is on form) but in these interviews, it seems he is weak to me.

Is this a classic case of disliking an interviewer when they're strong against the person you like, and liking them when they're strong against the person you dislike?
japitts, Charlesy and 3 others
  • London Lite
  • Jon
  • Brekkie
gave kudos