Requests

Logoless 2008 BBC News Ident

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpIgI75LSt0 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IT
Ittr
Hello, I was wondering if anybody here happened to have a logoless version of the following BBC News ident from 2008.

I'm only asking because I've looked all over and I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

If you can help, please reply. Thanks!
TO
theTOTHlad2002
Hello, I was wondering if anybody here happened to have a logoless version of the following BBC News ident from 2008.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpIgI75LSt0

I'm only asking because I've looked all over and I just can't seem to find it anywhere.

If you can help, please reply. Thanks!

A logoless BBC News ident? This is a first.
DK
DanielK
I don't think there was one.

In 2013 they started using the globe loop as a standard background (at least, I can't recall it being used prior), and that has no logo on it, but I don't think there was a no logo ident.
IT
Ittr

In 2013 they started using the globe loop as a standard background (at least, I can't recall it being used prior), and that has no logo on it, but I don't think there was a no logo ident.

They probably have to have one internally though, because a variant of it is still used for BBC World News, and that will need updating on the 15th, so the BBC probably do have one, which hasn't yet leaked. Still, as unlikely as it was, I thought it was worth asking about.
DK
DanielK

They probably have to have one internally though, because a variant of it is still used for BBC World News, and that will need updating on the 15th, so the BBC probably do have one, which hasn't yet leaked. Still, as unlikely as it was, I thought it was worth asking about.

It probably exists in the file that the animation was created in, but as they'd have no use for a logoless ident, they will most likely have not rendered one out.
RO
rob Founding member
Is this of any use?

IT
Ittr

Whilst it is indeed very similar, it isn't the 2008-style one but rather the 2013 loop. Thanks anyway Smile
MW
Mike W
The logo is integral to the render of that ident, so finding a logo-less version is slim. The logo is a track matte of some of the globe and ring elements. There would have been unfonted versions produced but getting them outside of the corporation is slim.
IT
Ittr
The logo is integral to the render of that ident, so finding a logo-less version is slim. The logo is a track matte of some of the globe and ring elements. There would have been unfonted versions produced but getting them outside of the corporation is slim.

The main reason I was wondering if someone would let them out of the corporation is because they'll need re-rendering with the new BBC World News box and that this might be a good opportunity for it to finally come out, after 11 years.
FF
FactorFiles
Or they'll just do a cheap and nasty paste job over the breakdown slide....

Newer posts