TV Home Forum

Supermarket Sweep (pretty much) confirmed to return

(July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
What are they going to fill the 60 minutes with? Unless they’ve changed it so more time is added to the Super Sweep at the end?

There will be a new game 'Unexpected item in bagging area' where the contestants have to scan everything themselves that they picked up during the sweep. If the scales fail to calibrate an item and you hear the 'unexpected item' message you are frozen out and control passes to the other team. Should add an extra 30 minutes to the run time.
Last edited by Square Eyes on 11 July 2019 6:37pm
BR
Brekkie
I assumed all the contestants were playing from home and Rylan just delivered their shopping.

Re: formats. Late 90s and early noughties new game show formats seemed to be cropping up weekly, but struggling to think of the last genuine new game show hit, especially in primetime. Most of ITV's efforts in the last decade have been celeb versions of their daytime shows and although the likes of Tipping Point, Tenable and over on the BBC Impossible have secured their place in the schedules unless I'm forgetting something obvious (and I probably am) the last game show on British TV which seemed to offer something new is possible The Chase, and that's a decade old now.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
What are they going to fill the 60 minutes with? Unless they’ve changed it so more time is added to the Super Sweep at the end?

There will be a new game 'Unexpected item in bagging area' where the contestants have to scan everything themselves that they picked up during the sweep. If the scales fail to calibrate an item and you hear the 'unexpected item' message you are frozen out and control passes to the other team. Should add an extra 30 minutes to the run time.

Maybe there can be a choice of "stores". You can run around the Waitrose store and pick up less stuff that costs more (but there are no queues and multiple open tills), or you can run round Lidl and pick up more stuff that costs less (but have to stand in a long queue where there's only one till open).
james-2001 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
JO
Johnr
In the opposite direction, £100K Drop seems to be a steady daytime hit for Channel 4 - series 3 starts on Monday!

I find it highly frustrating personally that nobody is willing to try The Mole here in the UK again, despite it still being a success in the Netherlands and Belgium!

Also, rumours of a Ready Steady Cook revival keep popping up from time to time and seem to have at least some support from Ainsley and James Martin...just as long as they go back to the rrrrred tomato and gr-gr-gr-gr-greeeeen pepper cards for the audience to vote rather than the naff lights!

20 days later

SE
Dates for Supermarket Sweep filming in Maidstone :

https://www.applausestore.com/book-supermarket-sweep

19 days later

JO
Josh
Just saw a promo sting on ITV2. Nothing much of interest apart from the already revealed logo.

10 days later

RE
Rexogamer
Can someone tell me when it starts? Or is it still just “coming soon”?
TC
TCOTV
The first trailer aired on Lorraine this morning. It also advertise as what coming up in the next edition of tv mags which is released next week. So my guess is something like the 9th September. But that’s guess work.
TC
TCOTV
Supermarket set preview.
Ash101, Rexogamer and DeMarkay gave kudos
SE
Disappointing it's not set in a Morrisons.
DM
DeMarkay

Why would it be? That would be a major logistical issue.
JO
Jon

Why would it be? That would be a major logistical issue.

I’m not sure he was being entirely serious.

I really like that set though.

Newer posts