The Newsroom

Sky News: Presenters & Rotas

Chat about Sky News Presenters and Rotas Here (July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
derek500
New (to me) reporter covering the Croydon murder. Ashley Blake. As usual, I Google newbies to see where they've come from.....and was quite taken aback by his past!!

I am guessing it was ex Midlands Today presenter/reporter?

Yes.

10 days later

DE
derek500
Hannah Thomas-Peter to become Climate Change correspondent. Still based in NY.

https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/Sky-News-appoints-first-Climate-Change-Correspondent

25 days later

RE
Reece24
Ed Conway is to present Sophy Ridge on Sunday next week, interesting choice considering they could've easily gone for another News anchor.
RO
rob Founding member
Ed Conway is to present Sophy Ridge on Sunday next week, interesting choice considering they could've easily gone for another News anchor.

It's actually Niall next week; Ed the following week...
LL
London Lite Founding member
I'm surprised Ridge on Sunday is continuing through August. I missed today's edition thinking it's on summer break until Sep 1.
WL
W1LL
I'm surprised Ridge on Sunday is continuing through August. I missed today's edition thinking it's on summer break until Sep 1.

I think it's a good move by Sky, it means they're effectively the only political programme on air at all throughout the summer, perhaps giving them the opportunity to pick up a few Marr fans.

What was really surprising was that the Sunday after Johnson became PM, Ridge was still the only Sunday politics programme. You'd have thought Marr would have done an extra programme.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Niall Paterson is a formidable presenter. Tremendous versatility and, in my very honest opinion, should be and could be the next principal anchor at Sky News.

Is Kay Burley still at the channel? Don’t hear much about her these days here on TVF or elsewhere online. Is she still considered as the “go to” anchor for big events? Or has Mark Austin now taken that mantle.
:-(
A former member
Niall Paterson is a formidable presenter. Tremendous versatility and, in my very honest opinion, should be and could be the next principal anchor at Sky News.

Is Kay Burley still at the channel? Don’t hear much about her these days here on TVF or elsewhere online. Is she still considered as the “go to” anchor for big events? Or has Mark Austin now taken that mantle.

Agree on Niall. If anyone was going to be poached by a rival, I think it’d be him - top dog at the BBC of the future.

Kay is the go-to for location presenting that requires being amongst random members of the public. She’s been quite well behaved of late. Don’t really see Mark outside of his show.
BF
BFGArmy
Echo what others have said - Niall is superb. You know it’ll be a solid newscast when he’s involved and he’s particularly good on the political stuff.

I have to praise Kimberly Leonard too - I remember finding her delivery a bit cold when she started at Sky News but she’s much more watchable these days
JW
JamesWorldNews
rob posted:

It's actually Niall next week; Ed the following week...

I think you’ll find that’s trollocks, Rob.
RE
Reece24
Sky have changed the EPG to show 'Ed Conway On Sunday'.
GI
Gibsy
Who is the co-presenter on Sunrise with Stephen Dixon?

Newer posts