« Topics
Brekkie32,574 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Note they haven't done the same with UTV, which broadcasts in the one part of the UK where there isn't equal rights for LGBT+ people, something which is not just shocking but shockingly under-reported.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
JackTheTellyFan, Steve in Pudsey and 2 others
  • Jon
  • Colm
gave kudos
Whataday10,267 posts since 13 Sep 2001
HTV Wales Wales Today
Having just seen the ITV News logo - it's not even a rainbow flag. It's the gradient they use for ITV Pride, their in house support network for LGBT+ colleagues. (I do hope ITV News are allowed to have openly LGBT+ employees and this doesn't affect the organisation's impartiality.)
Steve in Pudsey10,420 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The answer is absolutely yes, and to question its use on the grounds of impartiality suggests LGBT+ rights are up for debate, which they shouldn't be.

Certain recently elected MEPs think they are, and in the current climate where other views that I thought had been confined to the 1970s are being openly expressed, it is a subject that a news organisation is going to be reporting on.

I merely ask whether ITV News can do so effectively if, as an organisation, it has expressed an opinion on the matter.
Write that down in your copybook now.
Inspector Sands gave kudos
Jon8,065 posts since 11 Apr 2005
Central (West) Midlands Today
Note they haven't done the same with UTV, which broadcasts in the one part of the UK where there isn't equal rights for LGBT+ people, something which is not just shocking but shockingly under-reported.

It would make more sense for UTV to do it when Belfast Pride takes place.
Whataday, ittrgrey and Andrew Wood gave kudos
HTV Wales Wales Today

It would make more sense for UTV to do it when Belfast Pride takes place.

Yes, they had a presence at Belfast Pride last year with the ITV Pride branding:

JT95 gave kudos
HTV Wales Wales Today
The answer is absolutely yes, and to question its use on the grounds of impartiality suggests LGBT+ rights are up for debate, which they shouldn't be.

Certain recently elected MEPs think they are, and in the current climate where other views that I thought had been confined to the 1970s are being openly expressed, it is a subject that a news organisation is going to be reporting on.

I merely ask whether ITV News can do so effectively if, as an organisation, it has expressed an opinion on the matter.

ITV News has quite rightly decided that LGBT rights are human rights, so it isn't a question of impartiality. And good for them.